2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

they were the hit here as well - I personally felt they deserved a 94+ tonight. Obviously the judges (mostly) felt otherwise

I also disagreed with the order of several other corps - and see BD as about a 1 spot ahead of 2 & 3. So I know nothing!

I know BAC fans will hate me for saying this, but I thought the Cadets outperformed them tonight.  But apparently I don't know anything either.  LOL.

• Like 5

I really love both BD and SCV...is this going to be one of those tie years...I hope not...both are worthy of the title IMO...

• Like 3

Just now, Liahona said:

OK...you can have your 94....so boston should have been 95 + then...

I would have Boston below Blue Knights and Phantom. Sorry. Other than the guard (and the ballad) I just don't think the content is there for the scores they've been getting. I feel they are being vastly over scored. But I also feel the same about a couple others. The plume wiggling just drives me wacko - so that may be part of it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Only criticism:

There was a lot of bass synth tonight...ruined a lot of the performances...I won't name names...but it was quite a few offenders tonight...

Totally agree.  It was a HUGE distraction.  I thought maybe the theater's surround sound EQ was off.  It was just awful at times.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Only criticism:

There was a lot of bass synth tonight...ruined a lot of the performances...I won't name names...but it was quite a few offenders tonight...

Same here.  I wonder if it wasn't amplified by the nature of some theater speakers.

Just now, Liahona said:

I really love both BD and SCV...is this going to be one of those tie years...I hope not...both are worthy of the title IMO...

I would think BD will pull away tomorrow night. They did NOT have a good run tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luv4corps said:

I know BAC fans will hate me for saying this, but I thought the Cadets outperformed them tonight.  But apparently I don't know anything either.  LOL.

it's your opinion...no hate coming from me...

2 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

yeah - thing is once things get "locked in" in DCI it is VERY hard to change minds. I saw the same thing a few years at the top - like Crown 2009 - where it was obvious the scores weren't "catching up" to the performance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, luv4corps said:

Totally agree.  It was a HUGE distraction.  I thought maybe the theater's surround sound EQ was off.  It was just awful at times.

nope...my theater was BAD too...

• Like 1