2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

11 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Odd, I usually agree with you but this one is seriously way off. They probably have the most challenge. Some would say SCV or Cavaliers but they don't have the same level of drill exposure 

... and the Visual Proficiency judge placed Bluecoats 5th in Content.  Where I differ from the judge is that the judge put them 3rd in Achievement.

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Serious thought:  SO many shows will no longer be seen from yesterday and after tonight unless they live on somewhere in BOA/WGI in some form.  There's got to be a way for DCI to preserve them and market them.  (Yeah, I know -- copyrights.)

When asked whether 13-25 will be available on DVD for this coming year, I was told by a woman who works for DCI  it looks better than the last few years with a December release date. Whether that was customer service talk or wishful thinking, I'm not certain.

• Like 1

One complaint about yesterday and it has nothing to do with the corps or judging...

Your toddler in diapers is too young to sit through 12 hours of drum corps.   Jim's seat was kicked all day and night when we were in our seats.  Plus, and if you are eating, look away....   The child defecated twice and the first row was literally gagging from the smell.  It was like the worst jungle gas you could ever imagine. 

Get a sitter or stay home.  I wouldn't have subjected my child to a five corps lineup at that age, much less 12 hours. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Lennox

Me too. 

The sound at lennox is indeed an issue. Im surprised they continue having it at the theater given the attendance, other theaters in the area get more folks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

One complaint about yesterday and it has nothing to do with the corps or judging...

Your toddler in diapers is too young to sit through 12 hours of drum corps.   Jim's seat was kicked all day and night when we were in our seats.  Plus, and if you are eating, look away....   The child defecated twice and the first row was literally gagging from the smell.  It was like the worst jungle gas you could ever imagine. 

Get a sitter or stay home.  I wouldn't have subjected my child to a five corps lineup at that age, much less 12 hours. 

Not to mention the ear damage that could have caused.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cleveland1 said:

Me too. 

The sound at lennox is indeed an issue. Im surprised they continue having it at the theater given the attendance, other theaters in the area get more folks. 

Yes, I thought it was sparse crowd.   There were times the loudness made it not enjoyable to listen.

4 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Yes, I thought it was sparse crowd.   There were times the loudness made it not enjoyable to listen.

True, although its tough to balance when a corps like bluecoats are amplifying the whole brass line at parts, and theyre playing loudly anyway. I saw them live at Massillon right in front of a speaker, nearly blew my hat off

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

... and the Visual Proficiency judge placed Bluecoats 5th in Content.  Where I differ from the judge is that the judge put them 3rd in Achievement.

gotcha. No worries. I do understand the point you're making. 

I don't agree with a lot of the judging in visual this year... (or last) so I guess I'll just try to enjoy the show. I don't see the level of exposure in a lot of shows that I do in Bloo. But it's just a perspective - doesn't make it right or wrong obviously. Judges disagree - that's apparent

Some of my favorite "shows" this year aren't doing as well as I would hope (Regiment, Crossmen, BK, Cadets, Bluecoats) -- and I find 2 of the top 3 extremely boring and lifeless. So "what do I know" lol

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They did put ear protection on their little darling.   The kind I use at the range but she kept taking them off.   

Huh? Can you repeat that a little louder please?

• Like 1