2017 Open Class Championships Prelims - Aug 7

Oh yeah. Sorry about that, Mike. Now three DCP Texans.

• Like 1

Just now, MikeN said:

Have to admit, I don't care that there's a WC show going on. I have a rooting interest in OC this summer, and just kind of ran with it.

Mike

Southwinds brass book and performance, Guardians 2nd half, and 7th Regiments soloists have made this more than worth my time.  I'm having a blast.  

• Like 4

In WC show,  I am glad that simce so many corps have decided not to wear headgear this year that phantom regiment has helped them all out by recycling those old helmets for them. "The 500 Hats of Will Pitts"

Thank you all so much for the compliments about SW!! It means so much to us. Definitely one of our best runs of the season. 

Edited by DawsonBurnes
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, MikeN said:

Have to admit, I don't care that there's a WC show going on. I have a rooting interest in OC this summer, and just kind of ran with it.

Mike

I've seen quite a lot of drum corps this summer. And I'm in LOS all three days for finals. I don't mind a break from the familiar. This OC Prelims is refreshing.

Also a bit deflated that there is so little movement in the relative WC scores. It's weird. There has to be significant subjectivity, even in how the sheets are followed. That, plus the variability in humans performing music and movements from night to night, seems like you'd expect more variety in scores than we get.

• Like 3