A Reprieve on A&E (Maybe?)

On 8/6/2017 at 6:39 PM, Wog said:

Technically the field conductor stands around the entire show...we should get rid of them too :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: 

When I was a field conductor, that was general sentiment. ☺️

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

How about, for the 50 year anniversary of dci in 2021, we eliminate amps  and electronics completely?  One year only. See how it goes plus an homage to a simpler more pure acoustic time. Then revisit at the following rule congress.  Any takers?

On the emotional side I am with ya.  But on the practical side what era and what rules do you propose to honor during the anniversary? 1972? 1984? 1995? I ask because if your beef is amps and electronics, there are others with beefs about Bb brass, with beefs about number of valves, with beefs about grounded percussion, with beefs about 150 not 120 on the field, with beefs with about build up scoring as opposed to tics, ... So, which era rules do propose DCI to use for the anniversary year?

Edited by Stu

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

On the emotional side I am with ya.  But on the practical side what era and what rules do you propose to honor during the anniversary? 1972? 1984? 1995? I ask because if your beef is amps and electronics, there are others with beefs about Bb brass, with beefs about number of valves, with beefs about grounded percussion, with beefs about 150 not 120 on the field, with beefs with about build up scoring as opposed to tics, ... So, which era rules do propose DCI to use for the anniversary year?

"Propoosed Year Rule":

How about 1962.      :thumbup:

Contra Bass "G" BUGLES and timbales were "Authorized"!!!!!!!!!     :guinesssmilie:

Elphaba         :flower:

26 minutes ago, elphaba01 said:

"Propoosed Year Rule":

How about 1962.      :thumbup:

Contra Bass "G" BUGLES and timbales were "Authorized"!!!!!!!!!     :guinesssmilie:

Elphaba         :flower:

Great suggestion but.... HockeyDad said this will be the DCI 50th tribute; so to honor DCI we need to probably stick with 1972 forward. With that in mind, would the 1972 rule book as the tribute be ok for you?

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Yes, and I'm pleased, and quite enthused!, by what I'm hearing from Hop.  But the irony keeps hitting me...hating him for his influence then and now coveting it, if his words are true and honest.

Eh, everyone I saying it. And, I think it is very unprofessional to basically be calling out competing corps heading into finals week. Especially those that are kicking your ###.

9 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Eh, everyone I saying it. And, I think it is very unprofessional to basically be calling out competing corps heading into finals week. Especially those that are kicking your ###.

Eh, not everyone is saying it, not those 'winning' with it.  As for you assement of the Hop comments, this is sort of in line with my thinking that if The Cadets were competing for the Win, not seventh or eighth, he would likely be more than fine with the progressive design direction and likely be more willing to tell the performers in his corps to suck it up and knock it off with the 'Roadie complaints'.  But that is only my guess.

Edited by Stu

I think everyone believe we need some direction and limitations placed on amplification. They trick will be to corral amplification without stalling "effects."

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Huh?  I said what I said. No amps, no electronics. No other changes. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Huh?  I said what I said. No amps, no electronics. No other changes. 

Ok then. That means while you want to have the rules package of the 'anniversary tribute shows' to go back just a very few short years, you have no desire to accommodate those who would want the 'anniversary tribute shows' to go back to the rules packages of the '90s, '80s, or '70s. Thanks for your honesty. :cool: