Best 4th Place Corps?

Best Show to Place 4th?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Under the current scoring format, what is the best show to place 4th?

• 2000 - Vanguard
    • 2001 - Vanguard
    • 2002 - Vanguard
    • 2003 - Phantom
    • 2004 - Cadets
    • 2005 - Blue Devils
    • 2006 - Bluecoats
    • 2007 - Phantom
    • 2008 - Crown
    • 2009 - Cavaliers
    • 2010 - Crown
    • 2011 - Crown
    • 2012 - Cadets
    • 2013 - Vanguard
    • 2014 - Vanguard
    • 2015 - Cadets
    • 2016 - Vanguard

I am giving a shout out to 2006 Bluecoats. That opener when they are spread out across the field and then the brass slowly comes in and gets louder, one of my favorite moments ever. 

• Like 2

This poll was incredibly difficult.  I went with Phantom '03, but Bluecoats '06 and Vanguard '13 are very close behind.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

Don't worry, they'll fall back by Atlanta. 

Haha, not sure this DCP crowd would let that happen.

• Like 1

This was surprisingly easy for me. Crown 08 was on a different level. But if you're asking me to pick a 2nd-place 4th-place show, ya, that gets super tricky.

21 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I am giving a shout out to 2006 Bluecoats. That opener when they are spread out across the field and then the brass slowly comes in and gets louder, one of my favorite moments ever. 

Underrated show! One of my favorites!

• Like 2

Tough poll. I went with Crown 08 although I feel Vanguard 2014 and 2016 should have medalled. Love Bluecoats 2006, Crown 2011, and Cadets 2012 too!

The way things turn out this year might change my opinion completely on this topic.

Good Lord, there are so many excellent shows on this list. If I had several hours to kill, I could sit and watch all of these shows in a row and love nearly every one (Cadets 2004 is the only one I'm not so big on. I've tried...just can't get into that show).

Phantom Regiment 2003 is my first ever "favorite show" that I fell in love with. Both Vanguard 2013 and Cadets 2015 are recent favorites that I listen to often. I feel Bluecoats 2006 is very underrated. I first saw the show in Evansville at one of my first ever live DCI shows that year and I immediately loved it (and nearly every one of their shows since). Phantom 2007 is another go-to that I listen a lot. Just recently I came across Vanguard 2001 and don't know why it took me so long to realize how much I loved that one. Heck, I even love that Blue Devils 2005 show. This is a difficult vote, but I had to go with 2003 Phantom.