Indy 2017

Wrong forum.....I know, I know!  But, not everyone here makes it to the marketplace page all that often and I am running out of time.

After not planning to attend Finals for the first time since 2008, I am now going through withdrawals and trying to pull off a last-minute trip down to Indy for Semi's and FInals on Friday and Saturday.  I am looking for two tickets for each day.  Anybody out there that can help a drum corps fan out???

Hello Wonk-o-rama.

I recommend buying the least expensive tickets at the Lucas Oil gate, then sitting in the empty, expensive seats until the seats are   claimed.

Just don't tell anyone you are doing this. Mums the word.

If you're an Indiana resident just show your ID at the box office on Finals day for a really inexpensive ticket, but you may not get a very good seat 

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Someone asked to see my ticket last year who was in my seat.  This year, I'm just getting the usher. 

Yeah.....I'm usually IN the the Friends seats, have been a Friend since 2008....and I know exactly what you mean.  Unfortunately this year, do to a lengthy jobless situation, I decided I couldn't justify the expense of finals this year after having gone every year since they moved to Indiana.  Employment situation is much better now, but still thought I would/could sit this one out.  Apparently, I am not strong enough!  But, the wife is saying I should go, so I'm trying to piece this together WAY too late and still trying to keep costs under control!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ripchops said:

If you're an Indiana resident just show your ID at the box office on Finals day for a really inexpensive ticket, but you may not get a very good seat 

Unfortunately, my ID from Grand Rapids, MI does me no favors with that one!

1 minute ago, wonker said:

Yeah.....I'm usually IN the the Friends seats, have been a Friend since 2008....and I know exactly what you mean.  Unfortunately this year, do to a lengthy jobless situation, I decided I couldn't justify the expense of finals this year after having gone every year since they moved to Indiana.  Employment situation is much better now, but still thought I would/could sit this one out.  Apparently, I am not strong enough!  But, the wife is saying I should go, so I'm trying to piece this together WAY too late and still trying to keep costs under control!

I'm sorry to hear that.  I'm glad things are looking up. 

I didn't mean to sound harsh but this man in my seat was downright indignant that I told him it was my seat.  I was amazed that he asked to see my ticket.  I've been sitting in that seat for quite a few years. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm sorry to hear that.  I'm glad things are looking up. 

I didn't mean to sound harsh but this man in my seat was downright indignant that I told him it was my seat.  I was amazed that he asked to see my ticket.  I've been sitting in that seat for quite a few years. 

No worries.....I was acknowledging that I feel your pain.  Watch it happen every year, but it takes a special person to question you when they KNOW they are in the wrong.  What did they think?  They didn't want to give the seats up to somebody else who was poaching??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wonker said:

No worries.....I was acknowledging that I feel your pain.  Watch it happen every year, but it takes a special person to question you when they KNOW they are in the wrong.  What did they think?  They didn't want to give the seats up to somebody else who was poaching??

I believe so. 

I never thought of THAT strategy?!?!?  Maybe I should just show up and keep going to seats and telling everyone they are really mine???  See how many times I can get poachers to give up the seats and move on!

• Like 2