Indy 2017

6 minutes ago, wonker said:

I never thought of THAT strategy?!?!?  Maybe I should just show up and keep going to seats and telling everyone they are really mine???  See how many times I can get poachers to give up the seats and move on!

Give it a shot.  

This whole subject of poaching seats just p***es me off to no end.

It irritates the crap out of me that people buy cheap seats and then poach seats.

Even still, it is a fact that the best way to keep poachers from getting your seat is to arrive when the show begins and stay for the whole thing.  I haven't seen a poacher yet who's willing to sit on my lap.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, garfield said:

This whole subject of poaching seats just p***es me off to no end.

It irritates the crap out of me that people buy cheap seats and then poach seats.

Even still, it is a fact that the best way to keep poachers from getting your seat is to arrive when the show begins and stay for the whole thing.  I haven't seen a poacher yet who's willing to sit on my lap.

This old lady can't sit that long on Thursday!  

:laughing:

Just now, Daave said:

I've seen both, but I think the worst "offenders" are the kids.

We used to have to buy a ticket if we didn't make finals BITD.  They'd give us a pass for the rest of prelims but if you didn't make the cut....pay up.  But a ticket was only $8 in '77.  

• Like 1

Hello again Wonkadoo.  Hey, just like Disney World allows parents to ride swap, why don't we go halfsies on my Section 141 row 20 seat. Seriously.

As the seat set me back $129,  how about we do playground picks back and forth, and you may choose first.  That way, we both see 6 great shows from a wonderful seat.  Your cost to join in the merriment will be $60 - such a deal.  We need to collaborate so that you get to finals!

11 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I'm going but still have to get seats for any night. Life got in the way.

I feel your pain.