Indy 2017

18 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Arrived at the airport, checked in, went through security, and most importantly, Dunkin Donuts is open! Waiting to board, all is right in the universe. Indy and DCI await.

P.S. The TSA agent who inspected my bag has no idea of what a drum corps or why I would go to Indianapolis instead of a beach.

So YOU'RE that guy who just loves to chit-chat in the security line and make the blood pressure of all those around you tick higher.

I'll bet there's a cowbell in your carry-on isn't there?  The TSA agent didn't question Indy, am I right?  She was asking why anyone would travel with a cowbell and you just had to give her a full description of the activity and your history in it...

You're actually a band Mom.  Admit it.  Your shame is already out...

(All meant in jest and good fun!  Have a ball in Indy and stay out of my seats!)

15 minutes ago, garfield said:

So YOU'RE that guy who just loves to chit-chat in the security line and make the blood pressure of all those around you tick higher.

I'll bet there's a cowbell in your carry-on isn't there?  The TSA agent didn't question Indy, am I right?  She was asking why anyone would travel with a cowbell and you just had to give her a full description of the activity and your history in it...

(All meant in jest and good fun!  Have a ball in Indy and stay out of my seats!)

No, I'm the one who had something in his computer bag that triggered extra inspection. After 30 minutes I was cleared when it was discovered all I had in the bag was my laptop and electric cord and my tickets for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.The agent learned all about DCI, I heard about his daughter who will be going to Kindergarten in the fall.

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

Arrived at the airport, checked in, went through security, and most importantly, Dunkin Donuts is open! Waiting to board, all is right in the universe. Indy and DCI await.

P.S. The TSA agent who inspected my bag has no idea of what a drum corps or why I would go to Indianapolis instead of a beach.

Hope the trip and Indy arrival all go well. I have a feeling the three days are going to fly by.

53 minutes ago, garfield said:

Who carries cowbells these days in luggage (except for rabid Mississippi State fans)?

We all know it was an anvil.

20 hours ago, KCWolfPck said:

Is there a link for the show details, bag policy, etc...?  Not the "Event Details" link on dci.org or the stadium bag policy on colts.com.  I'm looking for a website specifically for the DCI events, or written confirmation that DCI will be following Lucas Oil Stadiums policy this year (I understand that they have not in years past).  If such a site or language exists.....

Thanks.

Crown posted on FB yesterday -- NO clear bag policy at LOS.  I would like a confirmation from DCI though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Crown posted on FB yesterday -- NO clear bag policy at LOS.  I would like a confirmation from DCI though.

And SOA reported the same thing on Twitter.

3 hours ago, garfield said:

more cowbell........I need MORE COWBELL!!!

21 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Aren't they going to use normal security for an event this large?  

It looks like they aren't going to do NFL security.  I'm sure there will be bag checks.