Indy 2017

23 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We're here! 

Welcome to Indy. Hope you enjoy the stay! And the shows starting tomorrow.

• Like 2

It's like Where's Waldo, but with alcohol!!

• Like 3

Me and my son will be there tomorrow afternoon! We were doing college tours in the Chicago area today and tomorrow morning on our way to Indy.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2017 at 8:35 PM, garfield said:

This whole subject of poaching seats just p***es me off to no end.

It irritates the crap out of me that people buy cheap seats and then poach seats.

Even still, it is a fact that the best way to keep poachers from getting your seat is to arrive when the show begins and stay for the whole thing.  I haven't seen a poacher yet who's willing to sit on my lap.

I must say, it was a real joy watching our usher shoo people out of the Friends section.  I offered to pay him $1 per person he booted out and I stopped counting at 20.

Turns out, he's on the BoD of Colts and was given strict instructions about what badge is necessary to sit in 239, 240, and 241.

Perennial fans sitting in those sections were cheering the ushers on and saying to each other how nice it was to hot have the merry-go-round of seat poachers after every show.  Those who thought they could sneak past were pointed out and the usher took charge.  It was wonderful.

I gave the guy $20 and bought him dinner.  It was cheaper entertainment than what was on the field.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garfield said:

I must say, it was a real joy watching our usher shoo people out of the Friends section.  I offered to pay him $1 per person he booted out and I stopped counting at 20.

Turns out, he's on the BoD of Colts and was given strict instructions about what badge is necessary to sit in 239, 240, and 241.

Perennial fans sitting in those sections were cheering the ushers on and saying to each other how nice it was to hot have the merry-go-round of seat poachers after every show.  Those who thought they could sneak past were pointed out and the usher took charge.  It was wonderful.

I gave the guy $20 and bought him dinner.  It was cheaper entertainment than what was on the field.

One of the three volunteers in pink shirts? I was in 238 and watched him do his task well. Was in 238 last year, too, and remember all the hassles of people coming and going into open seats.

And having seen that, I'm about to pull the trigger on Friends of DCI for next year.