Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, wonker said:

I never thought of THAT strategy?!?!?  Maybe I should just show up and keep going to seats and telling everyone they are really mine???  See how many times I can get poachers to give up the seats and move on!

Give it a shot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole subject of poaching seats just p***es me off to no end.

It irritates the crap out of me that people buy cheap seats and then poach seats.

Even still, it is a fact that the best way to keep poachers from getting your seat is to arrive when the show begins and stay for the whole thing.  I haven't seen a poacher yet who's willing to sit on my lap.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, garfield said:

This whole subject of poaching seats just p***es me off to no end.

It irritates the crap out of me that people buy cheap seats and then poach seats.

Even still, it is a fact that the best way to keep poachers from getting your seat is to arrive when the show begins and stay for the whole thing.  I haven't seen a poacher yet who's willing to sit on my lap.

 

This old lady can't sit that long on Thursday!  

:laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been my observation over the last eight years that the biggest seat hoppers are the open class MM's.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daave said:

It's been my observation over the last eight years that the biggest seat hoppers are the open class MM's.  

The guy in my seat looked to be in his 40's.  But I think you're right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

The guy in my seat looked to be in his 40's.  But I think you're right. 

I've seen both, but I think the worst "offenders" are the kids.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daave said:

I've seen both, but I think the worst "offenders" are the kids.

We used to have to buy a ticket if we didn't make finals BITD.  They'd give us a pass for the rest of prelims but if you didn't make the cut....pay up.  But a ticket was only $8 in '77.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going but still have to get seats for any night. Life got in the way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello again Wonkadoo.  Hey, just like Disney World allows parents to ride swap, why don't we go halfsies on my Section 141 row 20 seat. Seriously.

As the seat set me back $129,  how about we do playground picks back and forth, and you may choose first.  That way, we both see 6 great shows from a wonderful seat.  Your cost to join in the merriment will be $60 - such a deal.  We need to collaborate so that you get to finals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I'm going but still have to get seats for any night. Life got in the way.

I feel your pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.