Why SCV should win DCI 2017

13 hours ago, dans said:

OK...I give up. I honestly can't think of one reason why SCV should win. Until the ending, their show is boring and very unremarkable. And those costumes...worse costumes of the year. Visually horrible from the stands...ugh! Blue Devils and Crown are the best of the field this season...not even close.

An incredibly vapant disingenuous statement; leaving no room for discussion or response except to disentangle and disengage. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Candid Insight said:

For those who are not fans of amplifying brass, be aware that many of the top corps are doing it, but approaching it differently.  For example, SCV amplifies their 'small brass ensemble' while the Blue Devils have 6 mics spread across the front sideline to amplify various sections of their show.  In the Blue Devils' high brass feature on side B they are amplifying that section very effectively.   If you watch closely, other corps also have microphone across the front sideline placed strategically to allow them to amplify certain brass sections and/or part of their show.   This amplification trend has been adopted quickly after the success the Bluecoats have had with it.  I expect we will see more of it.

...let them who is without mics cast the first stone

11 hours ago, Bachstrad said:

An incredibly vapant disingenuous statement; leaving no room for discussion or response except to disentangle and disengage. 

Whatever your incredibly vapant disingenuous statement means. I stand by my original statement...SCV is way overrated this season. I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid.

Who thinks SCV has a big surprise in store for finals?  I think we are going to see them 'shed their skin' in some way (costume change?)

18 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Who thinks SCV has a big surprise in store for finals?  I think we are going to see them 'shed their skin' in some way (costume change?)

Maybe they will surprise us and have some engaging music in their show?

1 minute ago, dans said:

All a matter of taste. Scv by far my favourite corps both visually and musically. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

I was actually thinking about this last night - thinking "how cool/impactful it would be if they could somehow have a "tear away" version of the white tops (think 70s football jerseys) that would reveal a red-based version of the tops, maybe with a snake-themed/stylized white diagonal...  Then, of course, I went to "what about an Ouroboros drill form, rotating through/behind the props, and shedding on the move, a la the tunnel pants change"?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dans said:

scv engages me more than any corps this year. It really does fit their theme (with some incredible arranging as well).

• Like 3