Why SCV should win DCI 2017

2 hours ago, dans said:

Maybe they will surprise us and have some engaging music in their show?

SCV should win because the show is designed within an inch of its life. The corps is selling it well night after night. They have brought a newness to the  activity that no one else if doing at this level this year. There is not one weak phrase visually or musically. Yes, the small ensemble is amazing, and so is the full horn line. The individual achievement is unmatched. Will take an undeniable performance, but they seem to have the stuff to bring it.

If asked which show represents where I wish the activity was headed- SCV, Bloo. Not bashing BD, see my opposing post, but their show is what they had been doing the last several years. It is amazing, but not fresh, new. 

Edited by phan771
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cube said:

scv engages me more than any corps this year. It really does fit their theme (with some incredible arranging as well).

Glad you enjoy them. Honestly, short of the flag feature near the end, they do nothing for me this year.

SCV for the win. Though they will not/cannot win all captions, they can win GE from all 4 judges. BD is laid back, smooth sailing, comfy enjoyment, and I love it. With SCV, I am riveted the entire time and not only mesmerized by the achievement of it all, but the rate and variety of effects throughout. I stay on the edge of my seat. Visually the most stunning corps. I love the uniforms. The props and their use are super intelligent. Seamless production which I believe to be harder than other approaches. 

• Like 3

I think SCV should win because I have 5 SCV tee shirts bought during some of the less great years. All the young people I hang around with think I am stuck in the past reliving the glories of 1980's Drum corps. If SCV wins I can be cool and in with the kids who are wearing Bluecoats tee shirts this year, next year when they will all be wearing SCV shirts.

Edited by totaleefree
  • Like 2

As a long time Vanguard supporter, my favorite corps, I'm just happy this thread exists. For the first time in 18 years, they are legit contenders to win the whole thing. I saw first hand when I audition for SCV in 1998 the effect of success will do for attracting talent. I was told in 1995 (96 Season), they barely had numbers for their audition. As long as their staff stays in tact, they will be contenders for years to come, similar to how Crown achieve being at this position since 2009.

• Like 3

SCV has hands down the best drill this year and it's not even close. The drill near the end of the ballad is amazing high velocity pattern drill, and the closer is incredible.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ShortAndFast said:

If costume has no impact on score, then why did 9 of the top 12 decide to skip traditional marching uniforms for this season? 

Also, listen to any GE, Visual, or CG judge's tape before corps begins to move.

1 minute ago, denverjohn said:

Also, listen to any GE, Visual, or CG judge's tape before corps begins to move.

Unfortunately tapes aren't public.

1 minute ago, cube said:

Unfortunately tapes aren't public.

Not true. Many are to be found on youtube and elsewhere. Most here on dcp have listened to tapes as corps members, instructors, judges, etc.