Why SCV should win DCI 2017

SCV makes me constantly amazed that they are pulling off something that is difficult, physically and musically.  I do not get both from BD. It is rare that they have the same level of demand, though BD is pulling off what they are doing quite well. 

SCV plays to the GE sheets better than BD this year.  Having a high level technical and emotional performance may make the difference.

Love both shows. Prefer SCV. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Mead09 said:

Bottom line is that there is absolutely no reason why SCV should win. The show is a little boring (being nice) and the uniforms are horrible 

Blue Devils show is fun, alive and exciting. They thoroughly deserve gold this year 

Bottom line is you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

That's your opinion...not fact. My opinion is that SCV's music is boring and their costumes look horrible from the stands.

Well, you're in the minority with that assessment so I really don't care what you think.

Edited by henry7184

5 hours ago, mirrormen said:

SCV makes me constantly amazed that they are pulling off something that is difficult, physically and musically.  I do not get both from BD. It is rare that they have the same level of demand, though BD is pulling off what they are doing quite well. 

SCV plays to the GE sheets better than BD this year.  Having a high level technical and emotional performance may make the difference.

Love both shows. Prefer SCV. 

I agree wholeheartedly. But, in all fairness, I don't get BD. Never do. So that sort of explains why I agree with you. Obviously, the judges are doing their job and judging based on the sheets, so I can't say BD doesn't deserve to be where they are. Both shows are just amazing. I love the opening off the line BD does - it's just so cool. I love both shows, but they are different as night and day.

Sheets were different back in 1999 but SCV was down 0.9 to BD after Semis, only 0.4125 right now. Just saying'.

Also, if you take the smallest gap or largest lead against BD from either Prelims or Semis, SCV would be on top.
So it's possible the right lineup of judges can get the win for SCV.

Edited by snare_guy_83

BD/SCV showdown is about Virtuosity vs. Craftsmanship.  BD runs up the value of its What through the prolific contributions of the performers.  SCV proves the How in having brought the What to life with clarity.  From there it's a 2 team comparison and the system picks the winner.  I'm pulling for SCV a bit, but having seen them both live I totally understand that BD is a hard act to top.  Luckily for SCV "Blue Debbie" was on last night's panel.  Go get 'em Vanguard!  

#ChaseYourTail