Boston Crusaders 2018

I had inquired as to who wrote the horn book to BAC this year nd Newseditor44 kindly replied (and I deleted the thread/topic) and hope it's not overkill I re-posted my comments here.  

He replied:  "  Ryan George - and he did a fine job.   "

Thank you -- idiot me!  It's actually on their 'official' website.  It's early... I think in 2018 I will get my musical/volunteer shoes back on and volunteer w/a corps again -- (haven't been able to since 2008 - due to some multiple back/neck surgeries) and Boston has ALWAYS been a fave because I have always been a fan of Ryan's composing skills. As a brass player, teacher - I love his style along w/JD Shaw.  They are my two ultimate faves!

As far as instructional staff for brass, IMHO there are none better than Matt Harloff and Gino Cipriani!  If I could volunteer in 2018 (doing anything w/Boston) I'd love to just hear/see and watch Gino and his staff work their magic with that prospective hornline and the book Ryan George may whip up next year!    I have been out of the corps circuit far too long -- and, I had for many yrs (93 through 2008 off/on) volunteered w/Phantom Regiment who fill my classical desire... but their direction and musical staff keeps changing and I found myself following SCV more as well as Cadets (2015, 2016) more because of that awesome brass sound, tone and quality --- now Boston gets to reap those rewards!

THANK YOU for the response... 

3 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

I had inquired as to who wrote the horn book to BAC this year nd Newseditor44 kindly replied (and I deleted the thread/topic) and hope it's not overkill I re-posted my comments here.  

He replied:  "  Ryan George - and he did a fine job.   "

Thank you -- idiot me!  It's actually on their 'official' website.  It's early... I think in 2018 I will get my musical/volunteer shoes back on and volunteer w/a corps again -- (haven't been able to since 2008 - due to some multiple back/neck surgeries) and Boston has ALWAYS been a fave because I have always been a fan of Ryan's composing skills. As a brass player, teacher - I love his style along w/JD Shaw.  They are my two ultimate faves!

As far as instructional staff for brass, IMHO there are none better than Matt Harloff and Gino Cipriani!  If I could volunteer in 2018 (doing anything w/Boston) I'd love to just hear/see and watch Gino and his staff work their magic with that prospective hornline and the book Ryan George may whip up next year!    I have been out of the corps circuit far too long -- and, I had for many yrs (93 through 2008 off/on) volunteered w/Phantom Regiment who fill my classical desire... but their direction and musical staff keeps changing and I found myself following SCV more as well as Cadets (2015, 2016) more because of that awesome brass sound, tone and quality --- now Boston gets to reap those rewards!

THANK YOU for the response... 

Love your enthusiasm :)

• Like 2

If I could volunteer in 2018 (doing anything w/Boston) I'd love to just hear/see and watch Gino and his staff work their magic with that prospective hornline and the book Ryan George may whip up next year!    I have been out of the corps circuit far too long -- and, I had for many yrs (93 through 2008 off/on) volunteered w/Phantom Regiment

(since 2011) - I have still followed PR, I found myself following SCV more as well as Cadets (2015, 2016) more because of that awesome brass sound, tone and quality --- now Boston gets to reap those rewards!

WHO can one contact to get myself on the "Volunteer train" for BAC in 2018??

I know they have a Volunteer form on their website -- but being in the corporate world for over 30 years, personal contact is always best.  Need to get back into it -- and, I've always helped a member if poss with their marching fees in part...so, BAC can have me for part of their tour if they want me!  I'm in NE PA and I think I can dedicate some time next year ---- so here I am!

Just now, PRPhan4ever said:

If I could volunteer in 2018 (doing anything w/Boston) I'd love to just hear/see and watch Gino and his staff work their magic with that prospective hornline and the book Ryan George may whip up next year!    I have been out of the corps circuit far too long -- and, I had for many yrs (93 through 2008 off/on) volunteered w/Phantom Regiment

(since 2011) - I have still followed PR, I found myself following SCV more as well as Cadets (2015, 2016) more because of that awesome brass sound, tone and quality --- now Boston gets to reap those rewards!

WHO can one contact to get myself on the "Volunteer train" for BAC in 2018??

I know they have a Volunteer form on their website -- but being in the corporate world for over 30 years, personal contact is always best.  Need to get back into it -- and, I've always helped a member if poss with their marching fees in part...so, BAC can have me for part of their tour if they want me!  I'm in NE PA and I think I can dedicate some time next year ---- so here I am!

I will forward your name to ops. :)

If you are from Greater Boston and recall the CYO Circuit days, you would never call the Boston Crusaders Holy Name. It has nothing to do with the parish in Garfield. Holy Name is in West Roxbury, which at the time would have been "Lace Curtain Irish" and probably would have looked down on the folks from Cleary Square in Hyde Park where Most Precious Blood was located. However, if you were any marching unit in CYO, Eastern Mass, or Mayflower, you would eventually get to look down on Holy Name. Holy Name had a band. They destroyed the new uniforms of St. William's band (Ed Devlin marched with St. William's) and we're permanently banned from circuit competition. I only remember them as a parade unit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

looks like both Cadets and Cadets 2 are not having good seasons ?

Yup... sure didn't take long for this thread to get derailed and highjacked a bit... lol

• Like 1

Boston is not finished with the 2017 summer competition season. Not in the least. They'll be plenty of time to discuss next season on this thread. But right now, the Boston Crusaders have work remaining to do, and all focus remains the 2017 Championships this week, and providing its marchers, fans, audiences with the best performance it can be for this seaaon. And the best performance(s) this season for Boston, imo, remains ahead this week in Indy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

looks like both Cadets and Cadets 2 are not having good seasons ?

Cadets2 typically surges and they haven't had a show since the 29th..

16 minutes ago, 20XXMM said:

Cadets2 typically surges and they haven't had a show since the 29th..

Last year on July 30th they scored almost five points better than this year on the 29th, and that is after backing out of a show to get more rehearsal time. But back to Boston, this year far exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to see how they build on this momentum for next season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spandy said:

Last year on July 30th they scored almost five points better than this year on the 29th, and that is after backing out of a show to get more rehearsal time. But back to Boston, this year far exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to see how they build on this momentum for next season!

Was fun :) but they did just rehearse for a full 9 days, so who knows how much they've improved.

Edited by 20XXMM