Boston Crusaders 2018

18 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

A tribute to that guard for sure. Ihope those who defended past years guards when an honest critque with respect was given  can now see the difference with the BAC guard this year. Although the old crown staff loves those tosses it is quite easy to see this year the difference. Tossing was not just for the sake of tossing, doing 7s does not equate to better, more doesn't mean better, and constant running doesnt mean more demand.

The guard this year deserves the credit for not only the excellence of the MMs but the intensity of the theme portrayed . The written book was not just to fill and fill until overload, it was to bring to life the theme with the excellence,visual clarity, skills and pagentry needed for all to succeed.

Congrats to the 2017 BAC corps and guard. A clear difference.

• Like 3

Boston finished Top 6 in Brass (6th/ 7th Percussion too ), so there was improvement in all sections this season over recent seasons. Can't wait to see what Boston 2018 will be like !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Whatever they do next year, I hope it continues to be bad*ss

Corps my non drum corps friends liked

Boston

Academy

Blue Knights

Mandarins

Tried to tell them there was more to it than just liking a show, but they were not interested in any scores.  Had a good time their first time at a DCI .

Will watch more....

• Like 1

Does anybody know if Boston will likely do an early season free show again? Like the one they did this year at Everett, MA which was around June 24th. I don't know if that is a routine thing or not, but I don't remember one the previous year.

18 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Does anybody know if Boston will likely do an early season free show again? Like the one they did this year at Everett, MA which was around June 24th. I don't know if that is a routine thing or not, but I don't remember one the previous year.

Good question. Its probably a little too early to know one way or the other at the moment. Recently, Boston HAS done free, on the field, full exhibition performances in New England before heading out on tour. They did TWO this past June . One in Castleton, Vermont, the other in Everett, Ma... Boston has done similar in previous recent seasons too ( Ashburnham, Ma., Quincy, Ma. for example )  and other venues. Boston also does its free to the public " Concert in the Park " in Boston's downtown Financial District ( Standstill ). I don't speak for the Boston Crusaders, but I would imagine that Boston will find a way to continue to do things along these similar lines for 2018 once they later put together their schedule of appearances for the summer of 2018.

Edited by BRASSO

14 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

I believe they did the Everett event because they were only scheduled in one local competition (Lawrence), which was late in the season.  They wanted to give the home crowd an early chance to see the full show before the long tour away.  It's possible they'll do another such event.  Depends on the schedule and lineups for 2018.  

• Like 1