Boston Crusaders 2018

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

When is the Houston audition? Sorry, I kinda forgot..... yaaaaaah lol

The Boston Crusaders have already had their Texas venue auditions ( San Antonio. Dallas ), with Tampa, Fl this weekend ( video submission format for consideration must be completed by this weekend from reports ). But I know you, Hook'emCavies. You bleed the Green Machine, won't be going anyway, and theres nothing wrong with that.. haha!

Edited by BRASSO

9 hours ago, BRASSO said:

The Boston Crusaders have already had their Texas venue auditions ( San Antonio. Dallas ), with Tampa, Fl this weekend ( video submission format for consideration must be completed by this weekend from reports ). But I know you, Hook'emCavies. You bleed the Green Machine, won't be going anyway, and theres nothing wrong with that.. haha!

I could of sworn they had a Houston camp. Well, I won't be flying to Florida for that lol. I got to save up for that trip to Indy.

• Like 2

I read the Boston Globe this morning 12/7 ("a day that will live in infamy") and saw the article which presents a development in Worcester where some want to eradicate and change the name of Massachusetts' Holy Cross College's sports teams from "Crusaders" to something they feel is more politically correct in this secular age.

The Boston Globe highlights the story on its front page. They seem to forget that the term Crusader flows from the Latin word for Cross, "crucis." While it may be true that some individuals under the title were not consistent with the values of living according to the Cross, to sanitize history to fit narcissistic priorities does not serve a positive purpose in the long run in my opinion. As much as I might at times duel and even challenge some on this thread about their favorite corps, I consider it more jousting akin to the ribbing and good natured hassling that occur between siblings and close friends. I stand with the Crusaders of Boston that theirs is a venerable history under the title Crusaders. 

Because of the actions of some centuries ago doesn't change either the positive values now of the relationship of the name with its origin, the history of what many in Worcester and in Hyde Park/Boston have done under the name, nor with the roots and history of the corps formed under a small parish as a way to support the youth of the area. While the Boston Globe likes to dictate how all of us should live, and often take more than potshots at anything with religious aspects, eradicating team and corps nicknames is not something for which newspapers and PAC are infallible. Let the name Crusaders stand proudly.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/colleges/2017/12/06/two-sides-crusade-change-holy-cross-nickname/9lmI6mQzuTKy3CFj9HUDpL/story.html

http://www.telegram.com/news/20171206/holy-cross-alumni-group-representing-former-athletes-backs-crusaders-nickname

P.S. My similar support of the Oregon Crusaders.

Edited by xandandl
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I read the Boston Globe this morning 12/7 ("a day that will live in infamy") and saw the article which presents a development in Worcester where some want to eradicate and change the name of Massachusetts' Holy Cross College's sports teams from "Crusaders" to something they feel is more politically correct in this secular age.

The Boston Globe highlights the story on its front page. They seem to forget that the term Crusader flows from the Latin word for Cross, "crucis." While it may be true that some individuals under the title were not consistent with the values of living according to the Cross, to sanitize history to fit narcissistic priorities does not serve a positive purpose in the long run in my opinion. As much as I might at times duel and even challenge some on this thread about their favorite corps, I consider it more jousting akin to the ribbing and good natured hassling that occur between siblings and close friends. I stand with the Crusaders of Boston that theirs is a venerable history under the title Crusaders. 

Because of the actions of some centuries ago doesn't change either the positive values now of the relationship of the name with its origin, the history of what many in Worcester and in Hyde Park/Boston have done under the name, nor with the roots and history of the corps formed under a small parish as a way to support the youth of the area. While the Boston Globe like the NY Times, its owner, like to dictate how all of us should live, and often take more than potshots at anything with religious aspects, eradicating team and corps nicknames is not something for which newspapers and PAC are infallible. Let the name Crusaders stand proudly.

Just an fyi...... The NY Times no longer owns the Boston Globe, and hasn't since 2013.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ridiculousness of the times we live in.... ESPN earlier this season had an ESPN sports games commentator on its staff by the name of " Robert Lee ". ESPN decided to pull him from his scheduled TV broadcast of the Virginia ACC football game, so as to not inflame the sensitivities of the easily offended/ overly sensitive due to the fact that" Robert E. Lee" was a Confederate Army General in the 1860's ( and from Virginia ). So the modern day ESPN TV sports games announcer " Robert Lee "... an Asian- American..... was told he could not/ would not be working that ACC league Virginia football game in the TV broadcast booth a few weeks back.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Because of the actions of some centuries ago doesn't change either the positive values now of the relationship of the name with its origin, the history of what many in Worcester and in Hyde Park/Boston have done under the name, nor with the roots and history of the corps formed under a small parish as a way to support the youth of the area. While the Boston Globe likes to dictate how all of us should live, and often take more than potshots at anything with religious aspects, eradicating team and corps nicknames is not something for which newspapers and PAC are infallible. Let the name Crusaders stand proudly.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/colleges/2017/12/06/two-sides-crusade-change-holy-cross-nickname/9lmI6mQzuTKy3CFj9HUDpL/story.html

http://www.telegram.com/news/20171206/holy-cross-alumni-group-representing-former-athletes-backs-crusaders-nickname

P.S. My similar support of the Oregon Crusaders.

PC is silly IMO.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

The owner of the Globe is John Henry, owner of the Red Sox.

Oh that John Henry.

I thought you were going to tell us that BAC was doing a show with a compendium of the all the music about John Henry (cf. Johnny Cash, Harry Bellafonte, Tenn. Ernie Ford, Bruce Springsteen, etc., etc.) about 8 different numbers in all in several tempos and genres. Steel hammers would have to be the guard equipment, plus RR trains, and a tunnel or two. Certainly would be a knee slapper.:whistle: