Boston Crusaders 2018

Let's review the video from what the camera is showing.  

It starts with movement upward from under the ocean.  Air bubbles; it breaks the surface of the ocean; there's a compass type map and the camera is heading NE; you hear multiple voices;  the camera is heading towards a small island; we see the outline of an island with the "BAC 2018" looking like it was scratched into the beach on the island that's central to this years theme; and we see longitude numbers of 135, 150, and 165(?).  So, I say it's a new cast of Survivor heading into a Pacific Island to meet Jeff Probst.   

Hey, I did the heavy lifting.  Now you all figure it out by searching every island in the Pacific.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

My first thought was maybe something to do with the Bermuda Triangle, but I have no idea. Regardless, I'm hooked already and can't wait for more. I'd love to see them medal this year. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ediker said:

I do not have any inside info.  First guess is Pearl Harbor.  

Update: It definitely looks like the Pacific... and it's a warm place (palm trees are visible).  That's a very distinctive looking island...  South Pacific?  The SOS still suggests an attack (i.e. Pearl Harbor).  I can't find anywhere that resembles the map shown in the teaser, so it could be anywhere in the S. Pacific.  Maybe something about Amelia Earhart?

I have no knowledge of Boston's theme...

That said, I'm going with a guess of a Pirate-based theme based on the time period from last years show.  Last year it was indicated that Boston would use the same/similar uniforms this season...Salem Witch Trials took place between February 1692 and May 1693. The period during which pirates were most successful was from the 1660s to 1730s. 

Also in the video it shows an old map...perhaps a treasure map?...treasure island?...In addition, the letters (cardinal directions) on the compass rose are very distinctive and time period driven...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

I don't know, Liahona.  The Morse Code being transmitted via radio would have been early 20th century, I think....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Oh really?  What are you hearing?  What do you know?  Let us all in.

I know nothing, I see nothing!  Just a thought that with this visual/design staff, the guard, like many corps, will be the main story tellers.  Plus, guard members are good swimmers.

34 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Plus, guard members are good swimmers.

This just in: The Boston Crusaders will be the first corps ever to march a portion of their show underwater.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

7 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

This just in: The Boston Crusaders will be the first corps ever to march a portion of their show underwater.

So, the corps has sent some staff to Vegas to check out "O" and speak with their designers to see if they are still scheduled to make It to Castleton in May.  That's great .