Boston Crusaders 2018

7 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

This just in: The Boston Crusaders will be the first corps ever to march a portion of their show underwater.

With the Nor’easter we had these past few days, if they held a winter camp this weekend near the Massachusetts Coast, their rehearsal might be underwater!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tim K said:

With the Nor’easter we had these past few days, if they held a winter camp this weekend near the Massachusetts Coast, their rehearsal might be underwater!

The weather is magnificent in the Tampa area today.  I wish I were still there.. :-(

12 hours ago, Liahona said:

I have no knowledge of Boston's theme...

That said, I'm going with a guess of a Pirate-based theme based on the time period from last years show.  Last year it was indicated that Boston would use the same/similar uniforms this season...Salem Witch Trials took place between February 1692 and May 1693. The period during which pirates were most successful was from the 1660s to 1730s. 

Also in the video it shows an old map...perhaps a treasure map?...treasure island?...In addition, the letters (cardinal directions) on the compass rose are very distinctive and time period driven...

These are excellent guesses. Pirates or Treasure Island would be awesome shows. Madison rocked a pirate show in 1997. 

@craiga has a point about the morse code suggesting a later time period. 

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

I know nothing, I see nothing!  Just a thought that with this visual/design staff, the guard, like many corps, will be the main story tellers.  Plus, guard members are good swimmers.

Well that's a lot of nothing, Captain obvious.  LOL.  It's like saying the brass will play notes and drummers will drum.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Well that's a lot of nothing, Captain obvious.  LOL.  It's like saying the brass will play notes and drummers will drum.

So now we know the name of the Captain.  Maybe we can work from there....

Perhaps he/she will pilot a ship of fools through a sea of tranquility.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, craiga said:

I don't know, Liahona.  The Morse Code being transmitted via radio would have been early 20th century, I think....

Agreed...I'm thinking though that the Morse code is  more of a metaphor in it's use...one of the most famous uses of SOS was from the RMS Titanic...yet the rest of the video just does not conform with that...

• Like 1

The BAC design team and media team have to be reading all this with a grin.

• Like 3