Boston Crusaders 2018

On 3/18/2018 at 7:40 PM, Liahona said:

Tell me about it!   ...haha

59ab76b036542.jpeg?width=680

That show proved to be a lot better than it looked likely to be at DCI Minnesota.

What a great night at the IAM Take 6 event last Saturday night.  Take 6 was terrific (great group of guys)  as were the kids from HYPE & Denny Drums, one of IAM sponsored community (inner city)  based music programs.  Kotoko Brass was excellent as well.  A fun and successful night for IAM.

And for the DCP crowd; some very limited info about Boston was "shared".  Nothing about the show itself,  but more of a progress report on the brass line from Gino Cipriani and how the camps have gone so far.  I believe there is one major camp remaining in April, then into Spring Training in Castleton, VT on May 19.

A few very brief snippets were played,  so nothing about the program for this year could be gleaned (purposely).  Suffice it to say the brass will be much improved with a sound, IMO, a bit more mature than even last year as advanced as last years line was for Boston from previous years.  This admin team and instructional team have a solid plan and are on track.  Truly Building A Champion.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for that update, LabMaster.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 9:24 AM, LabMaster said:

And for the DCP crowd; some very limited info about Boston was "shared".  Nothing about the show itself...

So no word on whether Amelia survived her flight, tangled with the Lord of the Flies boys, and was rescued by a WW2 battleship?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ediker said:

So no word on whether Amelia survived her flight, tangled with the Lord of the Flies boys, and was rescued by a WW2 battleship?  

Nope, not even if she was captured by some Pirates out in the Carribean either. Mums the word at the moment re. Boston's theme for 2018.

• Haha 2

Well, the member I talked to told me one particular thing it wasn’t based on, but I didn’t think it was my place to saying anything here, so I didn’t. They also gave a clue as to what it was based on, which was really, really broad but, again, I’m kinda hesitant to mention that either. (I don’t want to be burned at the stake.) Considering how lame this post feels as I type it, I almost didn’t even say this much, but whatever.

53 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Well, the member I talked to told me one particular thing it wasn’t based on, but I didn’t think it was my place to saying anything here, so I didn’t. They also gave a clue as to what it was based on, which was really, really broad but, again, I’m kinda hesitant to mention that either. (I don’t want to be burned at the stake.) Considering how lame this post feels as I type it, I almost didn’t even say this much, but whatever.

Would LOVE to hear your comments...Private message me (PM) if you don't want to place out in public...

21 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I am fairly sure about what the program isn't based on,  but I am very certain I don't know what it is based on.  The staff keeps things tight.  I only know what I heard from the recorded snippets,  and as I said before,  nothing can be gleaned from those relative to a theme or the program. 

• Like 2