Boston Crusaders 2018

5 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Sometimes drum corps is an activity that requires true patience - at least for me.  ....I can't wait for all the show/uniform announcements!  EEK!

These announcements by the corps are just a bunch of pomp and circumstance...They should just designate a day for that...all the announcements from all the corps on the same day..

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Liahona said:

These announcements by the corps are just a bunch of pomp and circumstance...They should just designate a day for that...all the announcements from all the corps on the same day..

I like you're thinking outside the box on this, 'just not so sure it could be practical, nor enforceble. However, the black out on info until  late spring or even  unjtil move ins seems a bit extreme, imo. Its just marching band for heavens sake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I like you're thinking outside the box on this, 'just not so sure it could be practical, nor enforceble. However, the black out on info until  late spring or even  unjtil move ins seems a bit extreme, imo. Its just marching band for heavens sake.

It adds hype anyway, especially when corps release teaser trailers (EEEK!).  I for one am on pins and needles for the announcement of Boston's show theme! I think I would have excitement overload if they were all announced on the same day :)  I know!  It should be a scheduled release date throughout the spring.  That would be what, 1 per week?!

4 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

It adds hype anyway, especially when corps release teaser trailers (EEEK!).  I for one am on pins and needles for the announcement of Boston's show theme! I think I would have excitement overload if they were all announced on the same day :)  I know!  It should be a scheduled release date throughout the spring.  That would be what, 1 per week?!

I don't think waiting adds any more hype than announcing early.

Announcing late, to me, does one thing, and that it keeps people from critiquing/criticizing a theme for many months, rather than through the season.

Beyond that, I don't see additional hype or excitement with a late announcement. For example, BD, Bloo, SCV, all seem to announce much later than most. I'm a fan of all three, but I'm not psyched up waiting to hear what they're doing.

Maybe it's just me.

3 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

I suppose. I do understand the reasons put forth for the black out, and the late announcements, and they have some degree of merit. But more could be done in the off season to keep the fans engaged. Most sports do.. and Lord Knows, Drum Corps need not be confined to a lack of info, when its such a relatively small niche activity and could use more fans, imo. All that said, I don't single out Boston Crusaders for singularly  doing this... most of these Corps are taking this tack now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I suppose. I do understand the reasons put forth for the black out, and the late announcements, and they have some degree of merit. But more could be done in the off season to keep the fans engaged. Most sports do.. and Lord Knows, Drum Corps need not be confined to a lack of info, when its such a relatively small niche activity and could use more fans, imo. All that said, I don't single out Boston Crusaders for singularly  doing this... most of these Corps are taking this tack now.

Part of why I tried out for Regiment in the Fall of 91 was because I thought 1812, with that hornline, sounded fun. (Yeah, I know...)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, year1buick said:

Part of why I tried out for Regiment in the Fall of 91 was because I thought 1812, with that hornline, sounded fun. (Yeah, I know...)

PR playing "Amazing Grace" that year was absolutely sublime...I was a real fanboy of PR BITD when I marched DCI..if there ever were a corps that I missed an opportunity to march in and had a little regret that I didn't have that opportunity...it was definitely PR

On 4/20/2018 at 1:28 PM, DCIat14 said:

I think it kills hype as no one is talking about them because there is nothing to talk about

Last year was the first year where most the corps went silent until spring training, didn’t think it worked for most corps so was hoping it’d be ditched. Apparently not

15 minutes ago, cowtown said:

I think it kills hype as no one is talking about them because there is nothing to talk about

I'm trying to think of ANY corps thats getting any off season " hype " much anymore, and can't find a one though. Besides, preseason " hype " always meets up with reality come the season anyway. Its not the lack of " hype ", many are regretting about with all these DCI Corps in my observations, its the general lack of info all across the board in the off season compared to earlier seasons in DCI.

Edited by BRASSO