Boston Crusaders 2018

"Amazing Grace"... John Newton... ( some background on the many uses of this iconic song )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

"Amazing Grace"... John Newton... ( some background on the many uses of this iconic song )

Not to offend the sensibilities of Michael Boo who has stated on DCP he hates bagpipes, if bagpipes were allowed in drum corps, I would love a bagpipe ending for "Amazing Grace," especially one similar to a recording buy the Royal Scottish Dragoon Guards ("Spirit of the Glen). As I say this, it would not fit the show theme as presented by the video (great job on the announcement video, by the way), but I love a combination of bagpipes/instrumentation of "Amazing Grace."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Not to offend the sensibilities of Michael Boo who has stated on DCP he hates bagpipes, if bagpipes were allowed in drum corps, I would love a bagpipe ending for "Amazing Grace," especially one similar to a recording buy the Royal Scottish Dragoon Guards ("Spirit of the Glen). As I say this, it would not fit the show theme as presented by the video (great job on the announcement video, by the way), but I love a combination of bagpipes/instrumentation of "Amazing Grace."

Nothing like bagpipes.  I'm Scottish enough to vote them into drum corps.

• Like 2

Boston's 2018 opener composition.... " Breathless Alleluia " by  composer Philip Wilby.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Maybe not.  Wasn't in last year.

i have connections.

16 minutes ago, Tim K said:

synth could do it

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Think Scolley Square.  Check out the history of Scolley Sq.  Sailors visited there when in port.  Burlesque shows.  Lots of interesting facts,

I thought Hahvahd Yahd

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

synth could do it

harmonized singing too.