Boston Crusaders 2018

5 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

We often heard - that isn’t a drum corps that’s a gang playing drums and bugles. Pretty rough characters BITD in corps. Just saying. Good to know the history. We were hobby players. If you could read music you were looked at like you were an alien. 

In many neighborhoods in any major city, if the local priest got a hold of you, he gave you two choices.  Join the local CYO corps or he'd allow the local officials send you to juvenile court.  Many chose the corps, CYO or no CYO corps, where their "street" buddies ended up. It didn't always work out since many corps still acted up, but in a uniform.

4 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

Heard they sung 'Giants' last night & all were very moved by it - it was quite an emotional experience for vets, staff, and rookies alike.  The vibe I get from this corps is they are all bonded & pretty tight knit.   

Some pictures for you from what you are referring to from last nite,  DCIat14 :

Image may contain: one or more peopleImage may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, child, outdoor and closeupImage may contain: 1 person, smilingImage may contain: one or more people and closeupImage may contain: 1 person, smilingImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing34825073_1820082241369044_2285280234808803328_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeG1u3UFwwzH0sadJdVN1zyY0im5B4jZ1LcFDfomWmvGLdFABJvM1shke_t0oEcNuPmgHNeVR_ItR391d6hz5JsKRG3NqvkJlCmi8Lg-Z--d-w&oh=2f46120b91f7738f3e41379aeb3c9bcb&oe=5BB036DDImage may contain: one or more people and outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, people smiling, childImage may contain: 2 people, hat and closeup

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

On 6/6/2018 at 11:32 AM, skevinp said:

You can make a lot of clams that way.

"fake newzz"

"Work hard, be smart and always remember, winning takes care of everything!":notme:

On 6/7/2018 at 7:36 AM, BRASSO said:

When my Uncle Sam came calling at age 19 and interrupted by Drum Corps marching days, I  found myself suddenly eating slop out of a metallic container they called a " mess kit ". Boy, they named it right... lol

Yours was not voluntary. The young-ens know this as MRE's (meals rejected by Ethiopians) But considering the sensitivities these days,,,, probably even the Marine Corps can't use that phrase. Mess kits from the looks seemed to be worse than a MRE. :peek: 

21 hours ago, xandandl said:

While reviewing the BAC in Castleton, VT thread and all the purty pictures about food, this "cookie" kicked in on my computer: (merely coincidence or has "Eat'em up, Boston" taken on a new priority?)

EAT MORE CHICKEN! 

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

EAT MORE CHICKEN! 

" Eat 'em up Boston ! "

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I marched with all kinds of smokers in junior corps.  In my first corps, they’d light up in the Horn arc. 

Recall coming of the field and going by Bridgemen as they were lined up smoking in uniform :omg:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, xandandl said:

While reviewing the BAC in Castleton, VT thread and all the purty pictures about food, this "cookie" kicked in on my computer: (merely coincidence or has "Eat'em up, Boston" taken on a new priority?)

is this a personal attack, do I need to report you to the mods? 

• Haha 2