Boston Crusaders 2018

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Perhaps you might explain this BCTV possible coverage so that out of town fans, dinosaurs, and other non-FBers might be prepared.

It's a YouTube channel for drumcorps.  They broadcast a lot of footage from the lot for DCI, DCA, and other stuff like UMASS marching band and parades etc etc.

BFDTV - Broadcasting for Drumcorps TV

Here is their channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLY1SRzIvtEVzXtzRkeu4Dg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Don't  tell Jerry Shellmer(sp) that.

Kind of partial to "Pop Goes the Weasel" myself.   :bored:

Or "Unsquare Dance" the same season (69).

Just don't listen to VFW Nats...they were forced to remove the bells, leaving a lot of, well, background drumming. A shame, as their show was amazing in 69.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Don't  tell Jerry Shellmer(sp) that.

9 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Just don't listen to VFW Nats...they were forced to remove the bells, leaving a lot of, well, background drumming. A shame, as their show was amazing in 69.

...guess he should have said "in the DCI era" ...lol

of course I'd like to argue that the line in 1990 was incredible...and Colin was actually IN that line...haha

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

...guess he should have said "in the DCI era" ...lol

of course I'd like to argue that the line in 1990 was incredible...and Colin was actually IN that line...haha

90 never gets enough love

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MikeD said:

I agree... it sucked that BAC had to ditch the instrument in order to compete.

DCA's Sunrisers were also a Shellmer line in 1969, and Sun also had a set of bells. But DCA to its credit allowed Sun to use the instrument all season, including at championships.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Yes, I was there earlier tonite in Castleton, Vermont for the Boston Crusaders exhibition. Boston performed their 1st, on the field, full show,  for this summer's season. They perfomed in donated Remo all black practice shorts and black t's.  The audience was a mix of Drum Corps fans that made the trip up there, as well as local community people unafiliated with the Corps. Good size crowd, and temps low 70's, and clear, sunny nite nite. Ron Lambert, Assistant Corps Director, spoke to the audience about the history of the Corps, a little bit about DCI, what hard work goes into putting a Corps like this onto the field of competition, and the like, and their upcoming schedule where the audience could future follow the Corps this summer. After this, the Front Ensemble played 3 pieces to warm up the audience, the Corps played 2 encore songs of Conquest and Beatles tune " I Get By With a Little Help from My Friends.   Then, as the Corps lined up in back for their full show exhibition, Ron Lambert explained a little bit about this Season's 2018 Theme to the audience. The theme is essentially about people getting lost at sea and arriving on a deserted island.  I will go no further in an explanation of the theme, as I believe over the next few days, the Corps itself with  explain the struggles, the conflicts, the obstacles, and perhaps a potential resolution to that island desolation.

As for the show itself, I will not reveal the constructs, visuals, props, and so forth. I will however state that the show resulted in a spontaneous and enthusiastic standing ovation at the end of the show by the mixed audience of Drum Corps fans and community residents.   Boston's 2018 show, imo, is engaging, emotional, intense, uplifting, entertaining, and performed by extraordinarily talented marchers in all sections that can't wait to get out there this season.

This is why you're awesome - great information why still protecting the anonymity of the corps. 

• Like 5