Boston Crusaders 2018

56 minutes ago, bicsta said:

From the video, I like last years uniforms better.  

I see what you did there...haha!

Wow - high energy show, for sure!

The chord progression at the end of the opener was classic Cadets - that was a little jarring.  To be expected, I suppose, but still gave a moment of :blink:<edit - the last part of the closer as well definitely gave me a Cadets happy shimmy too>

But man, this show's going to tear it up this summer.

Mike

I really dig what I heard from Boston, but everyone put the medals away, at least for now. From the reports I’ve heard, BD SCV, Cavaliers Bluecoats and Crown are all doing extremely well this spring. I still feel like Boston is at least a year away for competing for a medal. I think this season will be closer than last, but I don’t think they’re quiet at that top level yet. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I think this season will be closer than last, but I don’t think they’re quiet at that top level yet. 

By the second week in July, we will have an idea if the judges feel that they can medal.

• Like 2

There are many things that need to come together for any corps to place well.  Most of all, the judges have to buy it.

Any corps “doing well” in isolation doesn’t mean much. We need to see how they all compare, in every category. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I really dig what I heard from Boston, but everyone put the medals away, at least for now. From the reports I’ve heard, BD SCV, Cavaliers Bluecoats and Crown are all doing extremely well this spring. I still feel like Boston is at least a year away for competing for a medal. I think this season will be closer than last, but I don’t think they’re quiet at that top level yet. 

You may have some points here, but we’ve heard very little about Bloo, Crown seems to be a bit of a cat fight this year with folks placing them as high as first and as low as 6th, but it seems that everyone is reporting great camps and stronger performances than ever, with the exception of one corps that may be more a case of bickering between alums than actual reports. For BAC I have been predicting 3-5 which does seem realistic, but given the video from last night and what’s available from other corps, BAC winning a medal is a real possibility.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tim K said:

You may have some points here, but we’ve heard very little about Bloo, Crown seems to be a bit of a cat fight this year with folks placing them as high as first and as low as 6th, but it seems that everyone is reporting great camps and stronger performances than ever, with the exception of one corps that may be more a case of bickering between alums than actual reports. For BAC I have been predicting 3-5 which does seem realistic, but given the video from last night and what’s available from other corps, BAC winning a medal is a real possibility.

right now everyone in the top 7 is having a great spring training. Everyone below them is having a great spring training. 

every drum corps on the face of the planet is better than last year right now.

it means nothing til the shows start

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Ediker said:

There are many things that need to come together for any corps to place well.  Most of all, the judges have to buy it.

Any corps “doing well” in isolation doesn’t mean much. We need to see how they all compare, in every category. 

One thing in particular that needs to "come together" for a corps to do well, is for their show to come together with planned layering (not changes) implemented well, cleaned and performed as prescribed.  Judges may love a show in June but if it sits there without improvement from a design POV and execution then it will not place well.  If a corps starts strong, improves at a consistent pace and improves their performance level each time, they are likely to place well.  Oh yeah and it has to be a good design to begin with on,  music and visual levels.  If it makes no sense musically it won't go that far. Same for the visual of the drill, choreography and guard work.  Judges have to buy it in August.  (says Captain Obvious).

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 1