Boston Crusaders 2018

I saw them twice in Castleton and both times brought me to tears as well. For those wondering about visual matching the music - absolutely yes! 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Someone may have already mentioned it, but amazing grace was written after the author of it almost died in a shipwreck. 

Totally did not know that. It’s an important piece of info. Amazing Grace seemed slightly random before.  

• Like 1

Building on this theme, here is a recent tribute performance of Amazing Grace by another fine corps. Would be cool to hear BAC brass do a rendition arranged by Ryan George and led by Gino Cipriani for encore performance.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Someone may have already mentioned it, but amazing grace was written after the author of it almost died in a shipwreck. 

an English slave trader who after the shipwreck had a conversion experience which led to an entire change of life and lifestyle.

I posted quite a bit about this on DCP back when Cadets played this in 2011. Cf. Cadets '11 thread for further discussion.

"(John Newton) was pressed (conscripted) into service in the Royal Navy, and after leaving the service, he became involved in the Atlantic slave trade. In 1748, a violent storm battered his vessel off the coast of County Donegal, Ireland, so severely that he called out to God for mercy, a moment that marked his spiritual conversion. He continued his slave trading career until 1754 or 1755, when he ended his seafaring altogether and began studying Christian theology."

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Building on this theme, here is a recent tribute performance of Amazing Grace by another fine corps. Would be cool to hear BAC brass do a rendition arranged by Ryan George and led by Gino Cipriani for encore performance.

2nd corps with which Gino has done this hymn.  

Neater too would be BAC and PR joining together for this hymn as it's not usually any longer in the Cadets rep.

3 hours ago, Ediker said:

Totally did not know that. It’s an important piece of info. Amazing Grace seemed slightly random before.  

I think it MAY be the lost then found type idea...I have not seen show...but thinking that would make sense...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

I'd much prefer Amàz Gr over current help friend encorps piece...