Boston Crusaders 2018

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Isn't gloating still a sin?   What flavor(s) are you having???

If you're talking about my strategy of recruiting of volunteers I'm not gloating. There are so many music teachers and parents on this site who need to recruit volunteers, I'm merely sharing a "trick of the trade." Perhaps using the word "legendary" may be gloating a bit, but I am the son and grandson of pharmacists who had a store with a soda fountain and their sundaes, root beer floats, cherry Cokes, raspberry-Lime rickeys. Ice cream treats and parties are in my blood. Also, it's not me who is legendary, the flavors of ice cream and the fixings I choose are legendary. All kidding aside, what I do enjoy most about sundae parties is the way they can bring people together. For kids, it's just fun, for adults it brings out the kid in them, so whoever came up with the idea of ice cream socials should be legendary.

When it comes to drum corps, I try not to gloat until after the season, the key word being try. In more than one season, I have gloated when my predictions seem to be correct, only to have things change overnight, and in the end it's not a banana split I'm eating, it's crow!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

If you're talking about my strategy of recruiting of volunteers I'm not gloating. There are so many music teachers and parents on this site who need to recruit volunteers, I'm merely sharing a "trick of the trade." Perhaps using the word "legendary" may be gloating a bit, but I am the son and grandson of pharmacists who had a store with a soda fountain and their sundaes, root beer floats, cherry Cokes, raspberry-Lime rickeys. Ice cream treats and parties are in my blood. Also, it's not me who is legendary, the flavors of ice cream and the fixings I choose are legendary. All kidding aside, what I do enjoy most about sundae parties is the way they can bring people together. For kids, it's just fun, for adults it brings out the kid in them, so whoever came up with the idea of ice cream socials should be legendary.

When it comes to drum corps, I try not to gloat until after the season, the key word being try. In more than one season, I have gloated when my predictions seem to be correct, only to have things change overnight, and in the end it's not a banana split I'm eating, it's crow!

"raspberry-Lime rickeys".  I'll have a giant, please.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CorpwithanS said:

"raspberry-Lime rickeys".  I'll have a giant, please.

Oh Man, in the summers as a kid I used to LOVE these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

True, but there may be an exception. I have a feeling a young, driven Mike Woodall may have dreamed about this day and even greater things to come when he stood on a drum major's podium many years ago.

Michael et al have done a tremendous job! Giants!

Edited by CorpwithanS
an 'M'

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

it must be the weather and humidity. This former Friendly's worker was only trying a bit of (good) humor. Evidently it melted.

46 minutes ago, xandandl said:

it must be the weather and humidity. This former Friendly's worker was only trying a bit of (good) humor. Evidently it melted.

I assumed you were kidding. If it’s any a consolation, I was trying to be funny too!

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

I assumed you were kidding. If it’s any a consolation, I was trying to be funny too!

Good. You can have more jimmies...................................................or Sprinkles as the rest of the nation calls them.

• Like 1

As is my usual custom once the 10 actual competitive weeks of DCI starts (tomorrow) I usually limit my DCP postings to posting a photo or two or clarifying some historical comment. Otherwise I say nothing about actual field performances out of respect for the mms I am sponsoring (3 corps this year) and the many instructors, faculty, and judges I have taught over my many decades in DCI since it first started. So as of tonite I leave DCP until the Fall anyway (except for the exceptions.)

• Confused 1