Boston Crusaders 2018

5 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I actually really liked the drill last night. At least they have drill that fits the theme :whistle: the morse code drill in particular was something I thought was quite clever. And the spelling of "lost" in the props with the contrast of the group spelling "found" was also nice since they were playing amazing grace. I will say that the tall fire kinda looked wonky. Kinda wish it had the shape from last year, but it's a fitting part of the show.

I really liked the drill too.  The spelling worked.  It fit the theme, and so did the fire.  I just felt a little disappointed that they doubled-down on last year's gimmicks.  

Every other corps last night had new tricks on display.  

The words on the field makes more sense too if you consider the stereotypical survivor spelling out 'help' with rocks (In case that wasn't mentioned yet).

To me, both the fire and the words on the field both feel more relevant this year to the theme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Narrow said:

The words on the field makes more sense too if you consider the stereotypical survivor spelling out 'help' with rocks (In case that wasn't mentioned yet).

To me, both the fire and the words on the field both feel more relevant this year to the theme.

Agree 100%.  Just wish they hadn't done the same exact things last year.  

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'd be happy of everyone would teach the crowd to vocalize during the Conquest hits like the old days!

Hell I remember several years at Allentown the crowd would practice them as they came on the field! Sadly, the last time I remember that reaction to the hits was in 2000.

here's an old clip that shows you

Jeff, I remember the Allentown (and other cities as well) practices and participation - in some years the crowd would do the "grunt" in time with the corps and then just scream...and the DM would get everyone revved up as well...I think it was '86 when it rained so everyone did a standstill and the Boston DM was just sprinting up and down in front of the horn line as they started the bugle calls. It was awesome!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I really liked the drill too.  The spelling worked.  It fit the theme, and so did the fire.  I just felt a little disappointed that they doubled-down on last year's gimmicks.  

Every other corps last night had new tricks on display.  

Due to an unforeseen situation, I was unable to see the shows last night. It does sound like I missed a great night. I can’t comment on the “new tricks” on display by other corps or lack of them by BAC, but in the past Boston Crusaders has added things gradually, which was the case last year and it worked. I think an argument can be made that holding off has more of an impact. The classic example for me is 2015 Blue Devils. Adding the young girl to the show at the end of the season made it come alive powerfully. Not sure I would have felt that way if she had been part of the show all season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Due to an unforeseen situation, I was unable to see the shows last night. It does sound like I missed a great night. I can’t comment on the “new tricks” on display by other corps or lack of them by BAC, but in the past Boston Crusaders has added things gradually, which was the case last year and it worked. I think an argument can be made that holding off has more of an impact. The classic example for me is 2015 Blue Devils. Adding the young girl to the show at the end of the season made it come alive powerfully. Not sure I would have felt that way if she had been part of the show all season.

I hope you get to see the show soon.  It's very special. 

No doubt this staff has more things to add.  

1 minute ago, Ediker said:

I hope you get to see the show soon.  It's very special. 

No doubt this staff has more things to add.  

I’m not sure if they’ll be live streamed in the next few days but East Coast Classic is a week from Sunday, and I’ll be seeing them live three nights in a row.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

First time seeing this.  Thanks JR.

tons of great older Boston stuff out there

1 hour ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I actually really liked the drill last night. At least they have drill that fits the theme :whistle: the morse code drill in particular was something I thought was quite clever. And the spelling of "lost" in the props with the contrast of the group spelling "found" was also nice since they were playing amazing grace. I will say that the tall fire kinda looked wonky. Kinda wish it had the shape from last year, but it's a fitting part of the show.

personally my favorite drill moment is .././... while they play it

• Like 4