Boston Crusaders 2018

i was really looking forward to seeing this show - rather than just hearing it - but i wasn't all that impressed with the visual package. the group feels a little thin at times. maybe the uniforms for both ensemble and guard blend into the field, maybe they have an abnormally large fe, i don't know what it was. the group just looked small to me, and it left me feeling like they were lacking something.

I think you may feel differently about this when you see them in person. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the camera crew managed to miss most of the big moments in the show...you might find the live performance strikes you differently.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

when you become the new darling, everyone is out to trash you

For the record, I’m not idly trashing those design elements. Very invested in the corps’ success.

Just calling out the designers resting on their laurels instead of digging deeper and coming up with the freshness they delivered last year. It’s the same thing a GE judge might say. 

It would seem to me that for a group of castaways on a remote island, things like building a fire and spelling LOST on the beach might be reasonable things to do, regardless of what elements might have been included in Wicked Games last year.  While the design team from Boston certainly doesn't need me to defend them, I spent a week at ST, much of it literally sitting on the 50 in the stadium as they taught the show.  I have a passion for visual design, and I can tell you first hand that the 2018 program is in a whole different league from last year, both in terms of its complexity and coordination. Most folks will love it when seen in person and some may not, but this is most assuredly not a rehash of 2017.

As far as I am concerned, this team has taken the next, logical step in an upward progression, and the corps members are having a blast.

• Like 6

^ this

the Corps is being well trained and well cared for 

the show this year is a step up in complexity and maturity 

and the season is very young

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

when you become the new darling, everyone is out to trash you

Seriously!  Never experienced the kind of negativity I've been seeing towards BAC.  I am proud of every member, regardless of placement.  These kids are moving all over the field with an incredibly difficult brass book.  They are putting the time and effort in day in and day out, and are willing to even do those "out of the box" things the staff may ask of them "just to see how it looks".  Eat 'em up Boston!  You're amazing!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, craiga said:

It would seem to me that for a group of castaways on a remote island, things like building a fire and spelling LOST on the beach might be reasonable things to do, regardless of what elements might have been included in Wicked Games last year.  While the design team from Boston certainly doesn't need me to defend them, I spent a week at ST, much of it literally sitting on the 50 in the stadium as they taught the show.  I have a passion for visual design, and I can tell you first hand that the 2018 program is in a whole different league from last year, both in terms of its complexity and coordination. Most folks will love it when seen in person and some may not, but this is most assuredly not a rehash of 2017.

As far as I am concerned, this team has taken the next, logical step in an upward progression, and the corps members are having a blast.

You're my hero! <3 :)  

My MM says he has found his home.  He has fallen in love with everything the Boston Crusaders are about and represent.  The expectations of the staff, the support of the alumni, the complexity of the program, the bond of the members, on & on  & on.  We are blessed to have many years of drum corps under our belt and many more to come.  We could not ask for a better team & screaming it from the rooftops doesn't seem like enough.  

• Like 5

A wonderful program and start to the season..though seen and heard on my first (and last) theatre experience. The poor camera work and chatty word-salad was a killer. ALL these corps look and sound great, for a first show.

BAC, as is its history, will build, grow and not peak too soon.

Ditch the headbands pls and don't get piqued by the chronically negative.

A great season ahead and safe travels to all.

••|•|•••

• Like 1

Show #2 is in the books...

36063308_1842366525807282_19416842469931

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1