Boston Crusaders 2018

Just now, blakman7 said:

So just thinking well ahead of what I should be, what do you all think the changes will be to finalize the show and when do you see them being implemented? By San Antonio? 

I would love to tell you, but then, of course, I'd have to kill you.  J/K :-)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

So just thinking well ahead of what I should be, what do you all think the changes will be to finalize the show and when do you see them being implemented? By San Antonio? 

Most corps will be adding/changing right up to finals.  Some changes/additions are done to work well in the indoor stadiums.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Most corps will be adding/changing right up to finals.  Some changes/additions are done to work well in the indoor stadiums.

Bostons show was designed with one stadium in particular in mind.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m starting to think Jim is right.  Boston can medal. 

Boston is for real and in the mix!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Smart move...most top corps . no all think of the final location. I think BAC has always done this also

and they tend not to peak too early. Fun month ahead.Look out.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Smart move...most top corps . no all think of the final location. I think BAC has always done this also

I agree. I can think of three shows in particular they are examples of this: 2012, 2013, and 2016. 2012 was in my estimation an underrated show, but their finals performance caught many off guard, especially when they moved up from 8th in semis and prelims to 7th. 2013, you have the famous (or infamous, depending on your point of view), white powdery incident. It didn’t have the desired effect, but it was an attempt. In 2016, there were mixed opinions about renting Lucas Oil Stadium for a rehearsal prior to prelims, but it did seem to build confidence in the corps.

28 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I agree. I can think of three shows in particular they are examples of this: 2012, 2013, and 2016. 2012 was in my estimation an underrated show, but their finals performance caught many off guard, especially when they moved up from 8th in semis and prelims to 7th. 2013, you have the famous (or infamous, depending on your point of view), white powdery incident. It didn’t have the desired effect, but it was an attempt. In 2016, there were mixed opinions about renting Lucas Oil Stadium for a rehearsal prior to prelims, but it did seem to build confidence in the corps.

I'm not absolutely certain, but didn't other corps rent out LOS, prior to quarters?  I think it was a brilliant move.

13 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I'm not absolutely certain, but didn't other corps rent out LOS, prior to quarters?  I think it was a brilliant move.

I think it's pretty common for most groups to snag time in the finals location prior to quarters.

44 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I think they did, but I thought after 2016 it was no longer allowed during finals week. If I am wrong, I will bow to more knowledgeable people than me, and unless DCI rents the facility for the entire week, I’m not sure they can do much about it. It is an expensive undertaking, and all we need to do is look at threads where people complain about corps spending money and other threads where corps are criticized for not spending money to know finances often cause controversy.