Boston Crusaders 2018

17 minutes ago, Ediker said:

That's Rich Perrier on the podium.  Cronin aged out in 90.  

Yes, that is true. I stand corrected.

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

that's a useless comparison...trust me

Also, BAC was NOT in the Tour Premier show last year.  They didn't even head to Ohio until a day or two later.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, craiga said:

It is ironic that you chose this particular clip.  A careful eye will notice current BAC Percussion Caption Head Colin McNutt out there as center tenor, Inspire Arts & Music CEO Jim Cronin is on the podium as drum major, and that particularly intense contra at the very end of the show is current BAC Executive Director Chris Holland.

This corps is in GIANT hands.

Wasn't aware that Jim was a blond at one time.  Well, it looked like the DM had light colored hair.  Now about the shot of Chris H. and his aggressive vocal shout.  No wonder the corps future is in great hands.

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'd be happy of everyone would teach the crowd to vocalize during the Conquest hits like the old days!

Hell I remember several years at Allentown the crowd would practice them as they came on the field! Sadly, the last time I remember that reaction to the hits was in 2000.

here's an old clip that shows you

If i could LIKE this post a zillion times I would...even with the poor video...this was my second year marching BAC...although we did not do as well competitively as in 1990...this clip even catches me for a split second on a close-up as I am turning towards back-field at (1:44)...haha   :)

I remember us doing that encore ONLY AT SEMI's that year and almost getting penalized for running over-time..it was razor thin margin......not that would have made much a difference in the end for the competition anyway...haha

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pbeau said:

My exact sentiments while returning home last evening. I also realized how good my Onkyo surround sound system in my drum corps cave sounds.

The actual theater makes all the difference in the world IMO...for the first year I went to a different theater...wow..it was magnificent..luxury lounging...huge screen...and speakers that projected well with good quality audio...I wish I went to that theater years ago!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ediker said:

Agree 100%.  Just wish they hadn't done the same exact things last year.  

Well it was 30 years ago...but a certain corps from California did a magic trick two years in a row...  :whistle:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

personally my favorite drill moment is .././... while they play it

It sounds like they forgot how to morse S O S as time went on....lol j/k

1 hour ago, craiga said:

It is ironic that you chose this particular clip.  A careful eye will notice current BAC Percussion Caption Head Colin McNutt out there as center tenor, Inspire Arts & Music CEO Jim Cronin is on the podium as drum major, and that particularly intense contra at the very end of the show is current BAC Executive Director Chris Holland.

This corps is in GIANT hands.

You forgot ME ME ME Craig :)   ...haha...I was just a nobody sop player...and it was Rich Perrier on podium....vhs recordings...wooohooo! :)

For the record, BAC did not "recycle" the prop from 2017. This prop is brand new and was built specifically for this show. Even the flame is different. I think they actually sold the old props to some high school bands.

• Like 1