Boston Crusaders 2018

Inspire's Art & Music's " Concert in the Park " ( in Boston's Downtown Financial District ) raised a little over $500,000 from the event. ( a click on the enclosed will open a video )

dca1654c-798b-4b0a-b321-3cf36aa9846f.png

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

The Video re. the " Concert in the Park " Fund Raiser.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, xandandl said:

What's a "motor marching member"?

This : ( just have to work in the marching for them, though )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

What's a "motor marching member"?

I'm sure it's supposed to be "more local" marching members. 

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

Yes, since there must be some great talent in the NE area who could help the corps reach their goals.

Weekends between September and June are crazy for me, so I do not get to see too many high school band competitions, but I know King Philip in Wrentham, MA has an excellent marching band and its shows are designed by Ed Devlin. Dartmouth High School has a good marching program and has a WGI presence. I know folks who either are or have been involved with Dennis Yarmouth (on the Cape), Jordan Case (Swansea), Melrose, and Mansfield who say these schools strongly support drum corps. A non-school all age band from the Cape,  Spirit of America out of Orleans, has an excellent brass choir, a WGI champion percussion ensemble, and has had some members march with Cadets, including a young man who was one of Cadets top soloists. Then there are also the schools that have excellent music programs but do not have as strong a marching component, especially the private schools, Catholic schools, and charter schools. The talent exists, but it's largely untapped.

• Like 2

The band from the Cape is a religious organization that set the field on fire during a performance several years ago.  They were lighting a flame to bring attention to the content of the show

2 hours ago, bluehull said:

The band from the Cape is a religious organization that set the field on fire during a performance several years ago.  They were lighting a flame to bring attention to the content of the show

Never heard they literally set a field on fire. Spirit of America is affiliated with the Community of Jesus which includes Episcopalian  monks and nuns who follow the Rule of St. Benedict. They also have a good number of lay men and women and families as members. I believe their book publishing company is their major source of income which is how I came to know the group, but their music programs are their pride and joy. They have an Advent/Christmas concert that is well worth the trip. They are also located near Capt'n Cass' Seafood, a somewhat out of the way place with amazing seafood and a Rock Harbor which has amazing sunsets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

Never heard they literally set a field on fire. Spirit of America is affiliated with the Community of Jesus which includes Episcopalian  monks and nuns who follow the Rule of St. Benedict. They also have a good number of lay men and women and families as members. I believe their book publishing company is their major source of income which is how I came to know the group, but their music programs are their pride and joy. They have an Advent/Christmas concert that is well worth the trip. They are also located near Capt'n Cass' Seafood, a somewhat out of the way place with amazing seafood and a Rock Harbor which has amazing sunsets.

Thanks for the tips about the concert, seafood, and sunsets.  

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1