Boston Crusaders 2018

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We’re going February 17th.  I can’t wait! 

Boston does an outdoors 10:30 am ( sometimes 11 am ) full brass and percussion standstill ensemble practice on Sundays before the staff sends the MM's on their way around 12 noon or so to their airports or cars for return home. That'll be Sun. Feb 18th for the Feb Camp. Saturdays are usually devoted to Indiv. sectionals all day,, some indoors, some outdoors.  Fri nite and then again usually Sat nite, after dinner, around 9 or 10 pm, Gino, Cipriani and other Boston brass staffers usually have the entire brass line then bought into the school's auditorium for a full brass line practice work out. Just thought I'd pass that info along for you and your husband for planning purposes, Terri.  I've found that Boston is very welcoming about allowing visitors to come and watch their practices. Just be sure to check in at the visitors check in table at the school's entrance, and be sure to follow their guidelines of no photos and no taping of their practices. Enjoy your visit!..( maybe we'll see you both there)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Boston does an outdoors 10:30 am ( sometimes 11 am ) full brass and percussion standstill ensemble practice on Sundays before the staff sends the MM's on their way around 12 noon or so to their airports or cars for return home. That'll be Sun. Feb 18th for the Feb Camp. Saturdays are usually devoted to Indiv. sectionals all day,, some indoors, some outdoors.  Fri nite and then again usually Sat nite, after dinner, around 9 or 10 pm, Gino, Cipriani and other Boston brass staffers usually have the entire brass line then bought into the school's auditorium for a full brass line practice work out. Just thought I'd pass that info along for you and your husband for planning purposes, Terri.  I've found that Boston is very welcoming about allowing visitors to come and watch their practices. Just be sure to check in at the visitors check in table at the school's entrance, and be sure to follow their guidelines of no photos and no taping of their practices. Enjoy your visit!..( maybe we'll see you both there)

I think we’ll come on Sunday then.  Thank you! 

• Like 2

Been a lifelong Patriots fan since the days They played at Fenway Park.. The last 4 Patriot games were rigged in their favor by the refs and league..especially the Buffalo game!!  Do not know why, but suspect a larger market, or of course more $$$ if they are in the Super Bowl.. Just sat tongue in clerk watching

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bluehull said:

Been a lifelong Patriots fan since the days They played at Fenway Park.. The last 4 Patriot games were rigged in their favor by the refs and league..especially the Buffalo game!!  Do not know why, but suspect a larger market, or of course more $$$ if they are in the Super Bowl.. Just sat tongue in clerk watching

And your SPECIFIC evidence is what?  How do people come up with this nutty stuff?  I suspect you are referring to the league who has penalized and fined the Patriots a number of times for their "infractions"?  And by the way, this thread is a drum corps thread for the Boston Crusaders not a football thread for NFL conspiracy theorists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bluehull said:

.. The last 4 Patriot games were rigged in their favor by the refs and league..especially the Buffalo game!!  .. Just sat tongue in clerk watching

You watched " tongue in clerk"  ? ? ?............... 'Don't you mean you watched " tongue in cheek "  ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

What a man does with his clerk is his own business.

easy there Stormy

Nice camp recap from Boston (on their website) where they say they've worked on putting the first 4 minutes of their program together and had a lot of housekeeping items reviewed with staff and membership.  Far different than in my day.  Unlike BITD, hey review medical, policies on reporting, hazing, DCI policy, physical assessments and on and on.  Pretty cool to do a level set of expectations on being part of the org.  It leaves no questions for everyone involved.  The biggest takeaway so far is that there is significant improvement in brass players and music (difficult and complex book).  I know we hear that from all org's., but Boston lately has been conservative in their descriptions about what they are doing.  This is exciting news.

• Like 5

Was able to attend this past Sunday's ensemble practice with brass and percussion and can confirm the very solid talent levels these sections, and that music for this season will be demanding( but also, based upon the Opener heard anyway, should be appealing to most audiences as well, imo )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4