Boston Crusaders 2018

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Too coincidental!

This performance occurs on the tenth anniversary of Brasso gracing DCP!!!

After 10 years, DCP gives posters a 1 year's free subscription to DCP.

So I got that going for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

It may be that they aren't doing the Everett preview this year.  Which I thought was fantastic for them to do that last year.  But that was tied to wrapping up camp and doing tour rehearsal too.  At least it seemed like that.

Boston did the Everett Ma free to the public exhibition last June  chiefly ( I was told ) because Boston's tour schedule for last summer took them immediately out to the midwest and would not include any competitions in the New England region until August. Boston's schedule for last summer was unusual in that it did not include their competition appearances in Rhode Island on July 3rd, nor in Lynn, July 4th. I would imagine the Mgt, and staff of Boston knew that they were going to have a good show, good Corps, and so they decided to have the local Boston area Drum Corps fans get a chance to see the Corps in a full field exhibition in Everett, Ma( right outside the City of Boston ) before the Corps headed out on tour.  Both the Concert in the Park, and IBEW Hall performances... both in Boston in mid June, before tour commences, were, and are,  standstill performances. Boston WILL be in competition shows in N.E.  this summer before August however.... 7/1 in Lawrence, Ma... 7/2 in Lynn, Ma... 7/3 in Cranston, R.I... ( and again in Lawrence, Ma.. on 8/2). This 2018 tour schedule is far more the norm for them in terms of competitions before August for show competition appearances in New England. As such, my guess.. just a guess really..  Boston will not be doing the Everett Ma. full field exhibition this June, as that venue might've been just a one off based upon last summer's tour schedule. But...we'll see.

Edited by BRASSO

On 5/20/2018 at 9:41 PM, BRASSO said:

Boston did the Everett Ma free to the public exhibition last June  chiefly ( I was told ) because Boston's tour schedule for last summer took them immediately out to the midwest and would not include any competitions in the New England region until August. Boston's schedule for last summer was unusual in that it did not include their competition appearances in Rhode Island on July 3rd, nor in Lynn, July 4th. I would imagine the Mgt, and staff of Boston knew that they were going to have a good show, good Corps, and so they decided to have the local Boston area Drum Corps fans get a chance to see the Corps in a full field exhibition in Everett, Ma( right outside the City of Boston ) before the Corps headed out on tour.  Both the Concert in the Park, and IBEW Hall performances... both in Boston in mid June, before tour commences, were, and are,  standstill performances. Boston WILL be in competition shows in N.E.  this summer before August however.... 7/1 in Lawrence, Ma... 7/2 in Lynn, Ma... 7/3 in Cranston, R.I... ( and again in Lawrence, Ma.. on 8/2). This 2018 tour schedule is far more the norm for them in terms of competitions before August for show competition appearances in New England. As such, my guess.. just a guess really..  Boston will not be doing the Everett Ma. full field exhibition this June, as that venue might've been just a one off based upon last summer's tour schedule. But...we'll see.

I thought the Everett preview was announced last year prior to this time. Lots of people, including me, were upset there was not an early season BAC show last year, and of course the corps itself wanted that show. I saw it as a goodwill gesture by the corps, and while I wasn’t able to attend, I know the response was great. I did get to see some of the practice in Lawrence prior to departing and I could hardly wait to see them later in the season, and to say they didn’t disappoint is the understatement of the year.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 6:59 PM, BRASSO said:

I expect to be there May 30th and the 31st.. then Community Nite Performance up there in Castleton, Vermont, June 12th.

I'm going up on June 1 for the day to help with meals.

• Like 3

Just now, BAC91 said:

I'm going up on June 1 for the day to help with meals.

Great!

A friend is getting married up there this weekend...and i expect several guests to take a quick drive to ST

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ghost said:

So we're riding today between visits with vets and twice music from Victory at Sea came up on the iPod.  Hmmmm!

Music that's as drum corps as Spanish jazz.  Seems like we'll know nothing until 6/21.   

... - - - ...        ..|.|...