Boston Crusaders 2018

12 hours ago, craiga said:

I agree with what JWillis said not too long ago on another thread. The TOC has outlived its usefulness, if it ever had any. It is meaningless, and represents a concession prize DCI felt compelled to throw them when the G7 idiocy imploded.  There are at least two TOC corps which are now in serious financial and creative trouble, while corps like BAC and BK are ascending. Get rid of it. Move on. Nothing more to see here.

Wrong. I completely disagree. We don't make long term decisions based on a one or two year blip. 

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

' Getting back to " Boston 2018 " ( this thread ) it will be interesting to ultimately learn what Boston decides to do re. uniforms/ shakos for 2018. The DCI trend seems to be to develop costuming that is theme specific. Boston had that in this years Unis/ shakos.... so it'll be interesting to learn down the road what the staff has in store for 2018 in this regard. Its still August, so'll it'll be quite awhile till those decisions are made,... of course

I'd have to check back on early posts when the staff unveiled this years costiforms (or is it unitumes?), but was there a mention of reusing these over a period of time?  I can't see these being so specific to this program;  being applicable to another one, unless there was a storyline connection to next years program.

Edited by LabMaster

42 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I'd have to check back on early posts when the staff unveiled this years costiforms (or is it unitumes?), but was there a mention of reusing these over a period of time?  I can't see these being so specific to this program;  being applicable to another one, unless there was a storyline connection to next years program.

No, BAC isn't going to give us the burning of the Ursuline Convent in Charlestown are they???? (That would be for historical accuracy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursuline_Convent_riots)

Better to give us Old Ironsides' mighty battles,. 

Edited by xandandl

13 hours ago, LabMaster said:

...was there a mention of reusing these over a period of time?  I can't see these being so specific to this program;  being applicable to another one, unless there was a storyline connection to next years program.

They were designed to be reusable.  Details, including the ruffle applique and shako buckle, can be changed to create a new look. 

No idea what 2018 will bring. There is plenty to milk from the region's history. The designers will likely again pick something original and interesting.  Purely guessing, possible shows might revolve around:

Revolutionary Era Boston - Battle of Lexington/Concord, Battle of Bunker Hill, Boston Massacre, Boston Tea Party, Sons/Daughters of Liberty, Paul Revere's Ride, HMS Somerset, and John Adams.

The Industrial Revolution - Lowell Mill Girls

Abolition Movement

Sacco and Vanzetti 

Whitey Bulger 

If I had ANY input in what repitoire/music Boston "COULD" consider I might say music from Miklos Rozsa's "Ben Hur" or "Quo Vadis".  SPECTACULAR orchestral works that would work extremely well for a corps, especially Boston with the staff and design mindset they have in place!  Could you imagine hearing that (again) on the field?  OMG!  Blue Knights did it in 95 ???  

Either piece (score) would be awesome for guard and percussion, not to mention brass!  And, a stellar theme for a "Crusade" to a Championship!

15 hours ago, xandandl said:

No, BAC isn't going to give us the burning of the Ursuline Convent in Charlestown are they???? (That would be for historical accuracy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursuline_Convent_riots)

Better to give us Old Ironsides' mighty battles,. 

Totally inappropriate article submission for this thread, imo, as the article it has nothing all to do with the Boston Crusaders. 

Edited by BRASSO

yes indeed -- "Quo Vadis" WOULD need a bigger choir.. but, with the age of electronics/samples... who knows?  Well, currently I am working on a brass orchestration of James Curnow's -"Trittico".  NOW That would be a PERFECT vehicle for Boston to "resurrect" !!!!   Just speaking my mind..... 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Don't forget his brother, the corrupt midget and the Brinks robbery.

or these, more recent history ( Irvins, Utah )

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/utah/ivins