2017 Open Class Championships - Aug 8

Just now, Tony L. said:

Wold love to see Louisiana Stars, Southwind, and Music City join up with some of the other World Class corps in the South to actually put together a tour that will allow more exposure to corps throughout the South.  And that is not just because I am in Louisiana now!  

I will say, Southwind tried to do more shows in the South this year, but DCI said no to a lot of shows we wanted to take part in.

• Like 1

Well deserved LAStars

Edited by ShouldveMarchedAgeOut

Just now, barigirl78 said:

The spectacle of a full retreat is unfortunately rare in drum corps.  I love it.  As an oldtimer, we did retreat every show and so many memories come from standing on retreat.

We (Crossmen) were part of the first DCI tour of the Southwest to introduce the activity.  I remember being on retreat in 1978 in Little Rock, AR hearing the crowd give us the "Soueeee" call of the Razorbacks.  Wierdest sound from field level I ever heard in my life.  Sad that modern corps miss that stuff.

We did Little Rock in '77.  A lot of fun but strange.  The Texas crowd was even more strange.  The open up the south tour....Texas and Oklahoma on school buses...

Just now, drummer5485 said:

I will say, Southwind tried to do more shows in the South this year, but DCI said no to a lot of shows we wanted to take part in.

Well DCI screwed a ton of audience members out a helluva show, I would totally have paid to see it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Well DCI screwed a ton of audience members out a helluva show, I would totally have paid to see it.  

Just have to build up the trust with them.  The future is in good hands with the current admin and staff we have now.  Lot's of excitement for us!

• Like 3

Bonus points for the braid making a circle when she bows on retreat.  But she needs to work on the braid landing.

• Like 1

1st upset..change