Lucas Oil - Parking?

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I didn't find anything when I went looking.

In year's past, I have always stayed right downtown for Finals weekend.  Parked my car at the hotel on Thursday and never saw it again until departure on Sunday morning.  Everything was walking.  This year for the first time, I booked a room through Airbnb and am staying about 15 minutes outside of downtown....which means getting to and from the stadium each day.

I know there is some parking at Lucas Oil, but don't know how much.  Can I plan on parking there?  Where is the lot?  How much?  Or, would it make more sense to Uber or Lyft my way in and out?

Any solid advice would be greatly appreciated!

Using Uber/Lyft to get to/from the stadium may be cheaper/easier than parking.  We are staying at a hotel a few blocks from the stadium (The Alexander) and parking is $31 a night.  

Edited by KCWolfPck

I used to know somebody that drove in every year and parked right at the stadium in a Lucas Oil lot......but no longer have contact info and have no recollections of location of lots, price, etc.

7 minutes ago, wonker said:

I used to know somebody that drove in every year and parked right at the stadium in a Lucas Oil lot......but no longer have contact info and have no recollections of location of lots, price, etc.

Usually around $10

using Uber/Lyft to get to the stadium might be a bargain, but getting home afterwards would probably be expensive.  They have demand pricing and prices are always higher on a Saturday night.  Less drivers, more demand. 

I've parked at the stadium before, can't remember the price, but it was reasonable. 

$10 for prelims and semis, $20 for finals (of course this may change from year to year).  Parking is pretty easy to find close to the stadium for the first two days.  For finals night, we usually park early, and then walk downtown to get dinner.  

• Like 1

Just (3 blocks) east of the stadium there are several surface parking lots.  $10/day on Saturday but only $5/day weekdays.

Parked there for 6 years with not a single problem and with easy in/out.

Now we stay downtown and walk to the stadium but pay $5/day to park under the mall.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

I always park on a side street behind the stadium for free, never had an issue. Literally 5 ft from the pay lots that are always full but also have security. Win-win.

• Like 2

There was a place on Finals day I parked at close to the stadium, I believe it was Church Brothers Collision Repair, and they wanted $20. I would rather walk three blocks and pay $5-10 and still have some money for some souvenirs. This year I'm going to park wherever it's cheaper/cheapest