Time Allowance from Military Park to Seats?

If we want to watch our favorite corps (or the corps our child is marching in) warm-up in Military Park, how long before step-off time should we start heading for our seats?

I know that the corps finishes in time to head over for gate time approx. 1 step-off prior to theirs, but we have to allow time for possible lines and security check as well.  Can you generally catch the whole warm-up and then book it, or would that not leave enough time?

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, KCWolfPck said:

If we want to watch our favorite corps (or the corps our child is marching in) warm-up in Military Park, how long before step-off time should we start heading for our seats?

I know that the corps finishes in time to head over for gate time approx. 1 step-off prior to theirs, but we have to allow time for possible lines and security check as well.  Can you generally catch the whole warm-up and then book it, or would that not leave enough time?

Thanks. 

If you're walking, give yourself 30 minutes to the stadium then the line check and walk to your seats.

We tried this for years and NEVER made it to our seats in time.  The worst is having to wait at the tunnels because the usher closed it when we were next in line...

Adding another question related to this: DCI states a shuttle bus running from the warmup zone to Lucas for Friday and Saturday. Does anybody know WHERE the pickup/drop off spots are? Ive never seen them and have asked around the past years with no luck.

10 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Adding another question related to this: DCI states a shuttle bus running from the warmup zone to Lucas for Friday and Saturday. Does anybody know WHERE the pickup/drop off spots are? Ive never seen them and have asked around the past years with no luck.

As far as the park, I have hopped on at Blackford St. Usually corps buses are doing their drops on the corner of New York and West so there isn't much room for  the shuttle anywhere else. 

• Like 1

Oh.....buses shuttle the corps from the warm-up area to the stadium?  

Edited by KCWolfPck

I took the shuttle once because it started raining, but we found it more by happenstance than anything.

7 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Their own corps buses drop and pick them up, yes.

Ah...good to know.  Now I understand why you can't beat the corps..... Bummer.  I guess I might have to miss one of their shows if I want to watch the entire warm-up.

4 hours ago, KCWolfPck said:

Ah...good to know.  Now I understand why you can't beat the corps..... Bummer.  I guess I might have to miss one of their shows if I want to watch the entire warm-up.

Truth.

The issue is resigning (or forcing) yourself to accept that as reality.  Doesn't really matter who you want to see - if you watch the corps warm up, the odds are thin that you'll see them in the stadium.

Maybe Uber?  Ask the bus drivers what time they're pulling out and have Uber there 15 minutes before that time.  You'd probably make it if Uber was on time.

We walked it several times and the closest we got was at the tunnel steps... Ughh.

Caveat. If it rains and they warm up in the convention center, you can watch all of a corps' warm ups and still get to your seat before that same corps starts in Lucas Oil. Learned that one last year.