Which of these not probable scenarios.....

1 hour ago, wesleyrp said:

So as finals week gets going on Thurs with prelims, which of these not so probable scenarios has the best chance of occurring:

1) Santa Clara wins the World Title

2) Bloo medals

3) Boston tops Cavies

4) BK beats Cadets for 7th

5) BStars beat Phantom for 8th

6) Mandarins take 12th over Madison

7) Academy beats Mandarins for 13th

8) SCVC makes Semis

just having fun here:) Which improbable could happen, or add your own...

Wes P

The most likely of all these now very unlikely scenarios is SCV winning gold. But after this week, I think most of us could rank 1 through 12 based on where the corps are right now and get it 100% right.

SCVC will definitely make semis. Blue Stars have a good shot at beating Phantom. Bluecoats medaling is 50/50. The only other possibility I see is Academy beating Mandarins. 

1, 2 & 4. 

1 hour ago, AMarcher said:

Why would SCVC not make semis?  

There are 23 World Class Corps for 25 semi spots which means at least 2 Open Class Corps will make semis.  SCVC and BDB are pretty much assured of spots in semis.  Now if you are referring to them making top 17, like it used to be prior to 2011, it could be close.

This.... I'm still in the old days of the top 17- my oops

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

SCVC will definitely make semis. Blue Stars have a good shot at beating Phantom. Bluecoats medaling is 50/50. The only other possibility I see is Academy beating Mandarins. 

I am as big a fan of Bluecoats as anyone, but the odds of them medaling now are at best 15%. The same judges who have consistently, all season long, put Crown ahead of them in every head to head show are judging them this weekend. Why would we think the odds are 50/50 that they will somehow see this any differently?

i think there is really no realistic chance now that Bluecoats medals. It's over. I think there is an outside chance SCV wins gold, but less than 30%. I've seen this movie before, and I know how it ends.

1 hour ago, wesleyrp said:

So as finals week gets going on Thurs with prelims, which of these not so probable scenarios has the best chance of occurring:

1) Santa Clara wins the World Title - I give it a 30% shot

2) Bloo medals - 25%

3) Boston tops Cavies - 10%

4) BK beats Cadets for 7th - <10%

5) BStars beat Phantom for 8th - <10%

6) Mandarins take 12th over Madison - 5%

7) Academy beats Mandarins for 13th - 60%

8) SCVC makes Semis - 99%, Since Semi's is top 25

just having fun here:) Which improbable could happen, or add your own...

Wes P

25 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I am as big a fan of Bluecoats as anyone, but the odds of them medaling now are at best 15%. The same judges who have consistently, all season long, put Crown ahead of them in every head to head show are judging them this weekend. Why would we think the odds are 50/50 that they will somehow see this any differently?

i think there is really no realistic chance now that Bluecoats medals. It's over. I think there is an outside chance SCV wins gold, but less than 30%. I've seen this movie before, and I know how it ends.

While I tend to agree based on momentum,  your post reminded me of 2014.   Cadets and Coats went head to head 24 or 25 times.   Cadets were on top the first 24, but not the last one when momentum,  and the pitch bend, pushed them past cadets.

numbers get funny in the last week,  so never know until that last announcement 

1 hour ago, FOURBOYS said:

While I tend to agree based on momentum,  your post reminded me of 2014.   Cadets and Coats went head to head 24 or 25 times.   Cadets were on top the first 24, but not the last one when momentum,  and the pitch bend, pushed them past cadets.

numbers get funny in the last week,  so never know until that last announcement 

Crown may well post a perfect brass score this weekend. Right now, I don't know that Bluecoats will take a single caption. Just don't see how the numbers will ever add up with Crown just crushing everyone in brass.