Historic Possibilities?

If Boston Crusaders remain in 6th, they will achieve their highest placement since 2003.

The Blue Knights' Erie show score, 90.6, is tied for their second-highest pre-Prelims score in corps history. Their current highest score of all time is 92.5, achieved in 1999, with 2000 a close second at 92.0, followed by 2015 with 91.85. There's a very real possibility BK may earn one of their highest scores ever by Finals.

Should Madison miss Finals (unlikely, but you never know), it will be the first time in corps history they will have missed two Finals in a row.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I'm sure this has been stated dozens of times, but when was the last time Boston finished ahead of Cadets? Sorry for asking again.

This has never happened in DCI finals. The closest they have been is in 2002. Cadets were 3rd with a 96.75 and Boston was 5th with a 92.4.

• Like 1

Despite likely finishing fourth, I would have to guess that this is the best four year avg placement streak in Bluecoats history.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

No corps has ever won 18 times; that will be a historic record if BD wins this year.

agree - that's literally the only thing "historic" this year, unless Mandarins make finals for the very first time that is!

1 hour ago, elphaba01 said:

"Last Crusader finish over 'Garfield' ":

Hanover PA, 1980.

Boston Crusaders  56.7, Garfield Cadets 56.5

Scores courtesy CorpsReps

Elphaba       :flower:

I was there........

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Still think there's a possibility of 10 corps scoring in the 90's.  I don't think that has happened before.

Wont happen.  Come finals they will spread with 12th place around an 85-86 next two 87-89.  Seems every year with a couple groups getting close to that 90 but they gotta leave the room for the rest and put them under.  I agree that atleast 10 Deserve it but right now PR and BS are pretty far away to jump into it.