40th Anniversary of 1977 Oakland Crusaders Winning DCI Top Drums ( Sort Of )

12 hours ago, Northern Thunder said:

At least video of 77 Boston has been posted on YT within the past couple weeks.  It's not from Boulder, but it's better than nothing.

And here's video of 77 Spirit of Atlanta from our home show. The show starts at the 7 minute mark. And check out the size of the crowd at 20:30.

I'll check with the guy who came across the that tape and see if the TV station that recorded it also recorded Oakland, who were also at the show.

7 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

And here's video of 77 Spirit of Atlanta from our home show. The show starts at the 7 minute mark. And check out the size of the crowd at 20:30.

I'll check with the guy who came across the that tape and see if the TV station that recorded it also recorded Oakland, who were also at the show.

That would be awesome. That is our only hope of finding any video, some local TV station aired a show and either they kept a tape (unlikely) or someone recorded if and still has it.  Atlanta was first tour and we were scoring low 60s hi 50s at that point, but the drumline was still smoking. I remember Doc Severinson played between the last competing corps and retreat. Place was an echo chamber and we had some major phasing in the opener, but not like at CYO Nationals a week later - that was much worse.