Carolina Gold ?

19 hours ago, ErieSopMike said:

Back in the early 2000's, Mansfield University was a melting pot of all different corps.  We had people that marched Bluecoats, Jersey Surf and others for DCI and Reading, Empire, Syracuse, Skyliners in DCA (from what I can remember).  Dr. Brennan worked with the Empire pit, Matt Spatz was one of primary members of Fusion Core.  Needless to say, you'll have a lot of influence from Mansfield University at DCA's more than likely.

their band does a lot for not having a football team

• Like 1

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Huh. That would be a point of interest for me.

http://reptiland.com/

Little League World Series Museum too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

http://reptiland.com/

Little League World Series Museum too

And, just north of Williamsport, for the best turkey dinner outside of a home-cooked Thanksgiving meal... the Turkey Ranch!!! :thumbup:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

their band does a lot for not having a football team

They have Sprint football now (for the last few years).  It's a football league that players can weigh no more than 175 pounds.  There's like 6 teams in the league.  They do play under the lights again (MU is home to the world's 1st nighttime football game).  I forget who it was, but one of the DCA corps practiced at Mansfield the other year... I wanna say Skyliners possibly?  

I remember in my time at MU, we did the Rochester Marine Tattoo one year, the Kitchener Oktoberfest, we'd always go to Allentown for the Collegiate show, various high school competitions, etc.  There's a lot of good ties to the Central PA area, so it's not a surprise they come down and perform for Cavalcade or TOB Championships. 

Edited by ErieSopMike

4 hours ago, ErieSopMike said:

They have Sprint football now (for the last few years).  It's a football league that players can weigh no more than 175 pounds.  There's like 6 teams in the league.  They do play under the lights again (MU is home to the world's 1st nighttime football game).  I forget who it was, but one of the DCA corps practiced at Mansfield the other year... I wanna say Skyliners possibly?  

I remember in my time at MU, we did the Rochester Marine Tattoo one year, the Kitchener Oktoberfest, we'd always go to Allentown for the Collegiate show, various high school competitions, etc.  There's a lot of good ties to the Central PA area, so it's not a surprise they come down and perform for Cavalcade or TOB Championships. 

the head of TOB is a Mansfield alum...so is the music caption head. yeah we have ties LOL

• Like 1