A question for the purists: was there more that could have been done?

22 hours ago, Stu said:

So, how many, just guess, how many, roughly, postings did ya have in RAMD?

No clue. I've told you before the overwhelming amounting of posts were pre 2007 back when the off topic forums were in full swing. There dats for laughs Sluggo and I would battle in Club DCP to see who could post the most. Since those forums slowed to a crawl ( surprised they're still here honestly), my posting slowed down. During the off season now I go days without checking in. Busy at work, busy being dad, all that. 

15 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

There's nothing arrogant about that statement.  You're way off base.

That said, I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I'm not a knowledgeable man with insight into this activity.  I do know a thing, or two....or seventeen thousand...about music and drum corps (including yours...why, I even have some recordings of the Presidents, and I even arranged some music for the DCA reboot), and there's no shame or arrogance in admitting it, nor for having regard for oneself.

Why don't you tell me what's really your beef, and we'll go from there.  If you have anything of substance to add to the discourse, then by all means, do so.  Otherwise, what exactly are you doing?

And FYI yeah, Cathy did teach me to stand up for what I believe in.  And that is precisely what I am going to do, with or without your consent.

Good for you. Don't be ###### if people stand up in opposition 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

No clue. I've told you before the overwhelming amounting of posts were pre 2007 back when the off topic forums were in full swing. There dats for laughs Sluggo and I would battle in Club DCP to see who could post the most. Since those forums slowed to a crawl ( surprised they're still here honestly), my posting slowed down. During the off season now I go days without checking in. Busy at work, busy being dad, all that. 

Just giving ya some jazz on you 100,000th birthday coming up soon :tounge2:

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Just giving ya some jazz on you 100,000th birthday coming up soon :tounge2:

I've already passed it like 3 times. Every DCp upgrade erases some

Bad things happen when good people don't resist.

• Like 1

So many drum corps fans including myself don't pay enough attention to what goes on after finals when changes are proposed and voted on.  The only shows I attended in 2004 were semi-finals and finals.  I was completely shocked when I saw an amplified pit and singers with microphones.  So to answer the question about whether there was more that could have been done to stop some of the unfortunate changes that we've seen over the last few years I would say paying attention and staying involved after finals is something more of us need to do.

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Good for you. Don't be ###### if people stand up in opposition 

As long as they bring something to the table other than "ur a troll dewd" or "i got half a million posts here i kno more than u", or "things aint changin u can't do nuffin", then that's fine.  Otherwise, they're beneath my contempt.  I really only have time to have discussions with the smart people on here.  The others will have to find someone else to bait".

3 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Bad things happen when good people don't resist.

Yes, but you have to pick your battles.

All the supposed progress that's happened since the addition of electronics and amplification just took a big hit.  Crown's singer just had her mic fail in a big way.

• Like 1