A question for the purists: was there more that could have been done?

57 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

I will tell any director exactly what I think of the direction they're leading their corps, yes, even to their face, should the opportunity arise.  That's how passionate I am about this activity, and how strong my convictions are.  And I would certainly welcome that opportunity.

But that's between me and them.....not between me and a gang of trolls on a message board who can't think of any better way to contribute to the discourse than to speculate on my character and resolve.  This discussion isn't about me, it's about what's wrong in the drum corps activity.  I suggest you try to stay on topic.

Here is staying on topic. No need to name names, but just state a number. How many WC directors, designers, and staff have you spoken with face to face, breath to breath, and told them that 'their creations are for teeangers snorting cocaine off the backs of hookers' or anything that crass? Just give a number; but be careful. Many of us are directly associated in some form with DCI and we will find out if your number is close to accurate. Or are you going to, as I suspect, deflect

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Here is staying on topic. No need to name names, but just state a number. How many WC directors, designers, and staff have you spoken with face to face, breath to breath, and told them that 'their creations are for teeangers snorting cocaine off the backs of hookers' or anything that crass? Just give a number; but be careful. Many of us are directly associated in some form with DCI and we will find out if your number is close to accurate. Or are you going to, as I suspect, deflect

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!:guinesssmilie:

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Bobby reminds me of Howdy. 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Bobby reminds me of Howdy. 

:spitting::8_laughing:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Here is staying on topic. 

No it isn't.  It's you immediately not discussing the issues and trying to make it personal....AGAIN.  Getting pretty pathetic, stu.

I don't have access to the directors of corps today.  Certainly nowhere near the access you claim to have.  I'm not on an intimate first-name basis like you seem to be boasting you are.  If that's so, then why don't you get on the Batphone and summon some of them here now?  I would value their input in this discussion greatly.  

Otherwise, my feedback has just as much chance to get to them through this message board as it does for me to call each director individually and get the runaround from their admins for the next 18 months.

Now, are we done, stu?  By all means, go ahead and get in your last word, because I get the tangible sense that's really important to you....far more important than a rational discussion.  I have made a solid effort to present my argument here against the use of amplification, dancing and leotards..........what exactly have you done, other than try to troll me?

44 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

lol. you got blocked. to be honest I thought I would before you my friend.

Sorry I have to go. I am writing drill for my high school band. An Adele tribute with the band in leotards.

A stone winner!!!!   LOL

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

No it isn't.  It's you immediately not discussing the issues and trying to make it personal....AGAIN.  Getting pretty pathetic, stu.

I don't have access to the directors of corps today.  Certainly nowhere near the access you claim to have.  I'm not on an intimate first-name basis like you seem to be boasting you are.  If that's so, then why don't you get on the Batphone and summon some of them here now?  I would value their input in this discussion greatly.  

Otherwise, my feedback has just as much chance to get to them through this message board as it does for me to call each director individually and get the runaround from their admins for the next 18 months.

Now, are we done, stu?  By all means, go ahead and get in your last word, because I get the tangible sense that's really important to you....far more important than a rational discussion.  I have made a solid effort to present my argument here against the use of amplification, dancing and leotards..........what exactly have you done, other than try to troll me?

lol. stu a troll? put your big boy underoos on and take a nap