Big, Loud, and Live: where you watching?

Good crowd at Edwards in San Diego but too tame, like they were watching a movie.  Anyway, great time.  GO DEVILS!!!

Cupertino Square (silicon valley) Almost sold out! There was a large contingent on break from band camp. Standard silicon Valley appreciation for Vanguard, two big ovations for band alumni in Cadets and on Bluecoats snare line, But the biggest ovation went to John Meehan as one of the kids explained he writes their book!

Was at Pleasant Hill CA (Right next door to Concord. Actually, if you don't know the area you can't always tell where one begins and the other ends). Obviously a large BD leaning crowd, anywhere from 75-100. Applause for all corps, but a tad louder for Mandarins and BC. Decidedly louder for SCV and the home team. We had very good sound; about perfect volume and good balance. My only disappointment is that Mandarins did not move up to the number twelve spot. 

Almost Friday here in SW UT, but Big Bird and I just got back from Vegas (130m from Sam's Town).  Even if I wasn't going to use my wife's Christmas gift at Dream Racing, a trip to LV was in order.  No way I was going to think I'd have a good feed FloFlop.

Went to AMC Cineplex 20 at Universal Orlando.  Since we recently moved to the area, this was my first viewing at this venue.  I went to Disney Springs to view the preview earlier this summer.  The picture was fine all the way through; the sound, not so much.  The bass was horrendous, whatever goo was being generated by the amps on the field was magnified even more by the theater sound system...they finally turned it off as Madison started and after that it was much more tolerable.  I also noticed some audio issues with the commentators, I thought that was probably an issue in Indy and nothing that the theater had any control over.  That too eventually cleared.  Theater was deserted...maybe 30 people, even that might be a generous estimate.  I was surprised, since the preview at the Disney Springs theater was about 85% full.  Perhaps the $20 parking fee to get into Universal had something to do with that; I had other reasons for seeing it there that have nothing to do with anything here.