Are they really singing?

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Anybody know whether Cavaliers' My Way vocals are live or prerecorded? Only reason I ask is because they don't sound at all like Sinatra, but they're the same every time.

no live singer there

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Anybody know whether Cavaliers' My Way vocals are live or prerecorded? Only reason I ask is because they don't sound at all like Sinatra, but they're the same every time.

I have yet to spot a Cavalier at a microphone during the singing. 

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

no live singer there

1 minute ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I have yet to spot a Cavalier at a microphone during the singing. 

Thank you both.

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

the My Way sound drop reminds me of either Frank Jr. or Ken Delo from the Lawrence Welk show -- 

I love it!!

9 minutes ago, shawn craig said:

Colts singing seems to be prerecorded. At least I never noticed a live singer on the field.

Correct. Someone posted here that after the judges didn't give them any credit for live singing in previous years, Colts decided it was better to go prerecorded.

I agree that all prerecorded singing should be banned. (That would include the Rihanna sample in BD's show.)

• Like 2

I think there are two issues:

1. Are they using a youth performer, or just a synth patch of a pre-recorded vocalist that could be anyone?
  2. Is the youth performer actually performing each show, or lip-syncing?

I think Question #2 is what the OP was really asking.  I know for a fact that within the last few years, there has been at least one "live performer" who by the end of the season was merely miming the performance, with a pre-recorded performance pumped through the speakers.   No idea whether that is happening this year, because it's so hard to tell from the stands.   Need to be close enough to the performer, or else hear from the some corps members who know what's going on.

6 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Anybody know whether Cavaliers' "My Way" vocals are live or prerecorded? Only reason I ask is because they don't sound at all like Sinatra, but they're the same every time.

Not live. Sounds a little bit like Paul Anka, who wrote the song and had a very successful singing career himself. But a number of artists have covered it. It also would not be permitted, if I were in charge of the rules.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tedrick said:

BAC singer needs to communicate with the audience tonight!!! I would love a little impromptu, "hmmmmmmm"-ing type vocalizing to just show us that yep, this is live.

Is she supposed to do a sound check for the audience before she sings?  She IS singing live.  BAC actually brought in someone to help her earlier this season, with projection and stage presence.

• Like 2

Just now, LabMaster said:

Is she supposed to do a sound check for the audience before she sings?  She IS singing live.  BAC actually brought in someone to help her earlier this season, with projection and stage presence.

No doubt you're correct. The problem is not Boston's singer but the recent history of some corps using prerecorded vocals, which makes experience audience members suspicious of everyone.

• Like 1