2017 World Championships Semi-Finals - Aug 11

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Nosebleeds for me tonight (600s) and blast zone tomorrow (100s).   Waited too long to get tix -- sigh!

Get that Super 3 Pack. You'll get very nearly exactly what you want. (Except for the very special DCI Friends sections!)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

GO GREEN MACHINE!!

Yes, please. I thought they seemed flat last night. Maybe that portends a doubled effort for strong performances tonight and Saturday. (Or maybe I was just wrong about them being flat.)

Edited by mjoakes
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

some corps will get Torc'd

How sad is it that we all know who will get Toc'd?  I made my prediction already.  BAC will be at least 2 tenths closer and Bluecoats will be at least two tenths farther ahead.

Again I say it, Prove Me Wrong.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tigger2 said:

Now that they can give .5, I am humbled by the responsibility for these judges to not only commit to the number they write down, but justify that tenth/half a tenth on their tape, in their mind, and probably, in their heart. 

Thanks for this nice perspective on the judges.

As far as I know for certain (which is meant to mean I don't know at all), they could be crooks taking buckets of cash from northern California. But I am much more confident assuming they are serious professionals working hard to provide sincere, quality assessments and explanations. They have very tough jobs, and I bet it isn't lost on them that what they do impacts bunches of developing talents in small and large ways.

Edited by mjoakes

I like these show threads. Just as the season is about to wind down and the shows themselves are peaking, a lot of threads on DCP are becoming relentlessly wearisome.

51 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

some corps will get Torc'd

Hmmmmm....let me take a guess which one(s).

• Like 1

In earlier posts, it was explained how each judge is permitted to go back and change numbers he/she assigned.  I'd like to know more about how that practice is structured. Seems to me, this creates a lack of confidence in the judging methodology as it relates to predetermined expectations.