2017 World Championships Semi-Finals - Aug 11

4 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Spartans beating out Cascades? I am just not seeing that. Close, yes, but I would have given it to Cascades. To my ear, huge difference in the hornline. Spartans color guard is always very good though.

I do like the dance break!

The guard looks rather large in proportion to the number of horns.

First viewing of Spartans 2017.  Very nice!  The voice-over at the beginning was too long for me, but, wow, great show, Spartans!

Spartans were terrific. Honestly the only show of the Top 25 I wasn't looking forward to seeing. I *personally* would have given large sums of money to see Cascades in instead, but it is what it is, and watching that show, I can't deny that Spartans were absolutely stellar visually and that it's a smart, cohesive show design. While it's not my favorite result, it's certainly completely understandable why they played today. They did earn the spot.

• Like 3

The Tribe is coming for you. 

In another world we could have two facing fields and have Musjc City v Madison Scouts play at each other. 

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

The Tribe is coming for you. 

In another world we could have two facing fields and have Musjc City v Madison Scouts play at each other. 

I know it can't happen, but imagine those 2 next to each other during retreat.

Just now, c.l. said:

Is somebody walking on the mic or put it in their pocket?

Heh. There's a falling rocks thing MusiC City does as a pre show sfx 

Spartans just finished. They seemed happy just to be here. From what I understand they were surprised at yesterday's results. I thought the show was more enjoyable and they had fun with it but had less of the competitive edge of yesterday. 

• Like 1