2017 World Championships Semi-Finals - Aug 11

Mandarins should be way up in GE. Madison should be way up in Music. And I give a slight edge to Mandarins for Visual, mostly stemming from the guard. This should actually be close in scoring.

• Like 2

If crowd reaction is any indication, Scouts not close to reaction to Mandarins. 

• Like 1

hmm...sorry I thought Scouts just didn't have the passion  that Mandarins displayed

• Like 2

Just now, Jeffe77 said:

Who would have thought, and I need to be honest with myself. This show may be what tips me over to the costume vs uniform debate. I get it. I will long for the days of tradition, but I see where the activity is evolving to.

I agree. I really admire the dedication of every corps member shaving their head as well. I'm sure a few were probably unhappy about that (at least at first). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, littlejaw said:

Mandarins should be way up in GE. Madison should be way up in Music. And I give a slight edge to Mandarins for Visual, mostly stemming from the guard. This should actually be close in scoring.

Exactly how I would have it as well. 

• Like 2

Scouts rely on guts too much. The show is thin in concept. While musically they are better than Mandarins, that is it. Would much prefer to see Mandarins again. 

Scouts got little to no reaction for much of the show. 

• Like 2

Continuing my thought on the whole costume vs uniform debate, I sure wouldn't mind the corps at retreat coming out in their traditional uniforms. The crowd would go nuts to see it once a year. Be a cool "Tradition"

• Like 1