2017 World Championships Semi-Finals - Aug 11

Synth flute in that chord?

I have Mandarins over Scouts..yes I'm in the minority...Loved Mandarin's sophistication of show concept and sheer energy so much better...

• Like 6

Crossmen trumpet solo from the start sets me in the wrong direction and it is largely downhill from there. I tried. All season. Really. Just does nothing for me in any way. Would much rather see Mandarins and Madison again. 

Edited by westcoastblue

Crossmen sounding so big here. Visually the show is a wash for me but I'll be listening again!

• Like 1

Horns in the left corner for the ballad recalls the Animal Farm ballad a bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, westcoastblue said:

Corpsmen trumps solo set me in the wrong direction and it is largely downhill from there. I tried. All season. Really. Just does nothing for me in any way. Would much rather see Mandarins and Madison again. 

I'm in the same boat (although the opening trumpet soloist is great). I know crossmen are solidly in, I just haven't gotten into their shows for a few seasons in a row now. They're nice, always nice. I'd rather see Mandies & Scouts again tomorrow night, although Xmen are clearly laying down a performance that won't allow for that.

2 minutes ago, westcoastblue said:

Crossmen trumpet solo from the start sets me in the wrong direction and it is largely downhill from there. I tried. All season. Really. Just does nothing for me in any way. Would much rather see Mandarins and Madison again. 

The opening trumpet solo always sound off to me. After that point, though, I'm sold.