2017 World Championships Semi-Finals - Aug 11

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Good point. I'm not going to list a bunch of famous Romeos. Though have I mentioned that we're producing Shakespeare in Love this fall?

I will  not NOT watch that movie.  Every time I think about how that piece of trash beat the best movie in the last 40 years -Saving Private Ryan-for the best picture Oscar I get a pain my gut

Blue Stars were incredible. Huge audience support. It was presented so well. The three sections had more of a flow. Hard to believe it most likely will only be a 10th place show.

• Like 4

Wow, Blue Stars sounded great. Guard had some drops (nerves? wetness?) but, I love the show. Easy to understand theme, lovely visual. We're blessed if this is in the "bottom half" of the top 12.

• Like 1

Just now, Tim K said:

Blue Stars were incredible. Huge audience support. It was presented so well. The three sections had more of a flow. Hard to believe it most likely will only be a 10th place show.

I don't think 10th place is a bad thing this season. That show could easily be top7 in previous years, but the talent level is way up this season. Just making finals is a chore in and of itself!!

• Like 1

Just now, Bucbari said:

I will not NOT watch that movie. Every time I think about how that piece of trash beat the best movie in the last 40 years--Saving Private Ryan--for the best picture Oscar I get a pain my gut

Shakespeare in Love deserved to win. (We're producing the play.) It's very hard to imagine anyone who saw it thinking that it was "trash".

Saving Private Ryan was quite good, mind you, just not as good. Not even one of Steven Spielberg's three best films.